Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Tourist DIES from drinking rum

Tourist DIES from drinking rum

Old Jan 1st 2019, 5:49 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tourist DIES from drinking rum

While this is a result of a long term issue occasionally, some apparently normal murican woman arrived on a cruise last week and drank herself to death in the morning, apparently by accident. Ive actually never heard of that here, and its pretty strong stuff...
Old Jan 2nd 2019, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tourist DIES from drinking rum

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
While this is a result of a long term issue occasionally, some apparently normal murican woman arrived on a cruise last week and drank herself to death in the morning, apparently by accident. Ive actually never heard of that here, and its pretty strong stuff...
Well, I suppose if she drank white rum it as though it were water, for three hours or so, it might kill someone. What's the local theory?
Old Jan 2nd 2019, 9:29 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

She was drinking 70% rum [140 proof] and coke, which where she was is admittedly more rum than coke, nobody knows how many, but at about 2 US a time its not exactly expensive. They couldnt find anything in her at autopsy except alcohol amd she was apparently fit and healthy so it does sound like she just drank till she expired. Ive seen plenty of cruise ship passengers pass out or stand up and fall over so yes - i think it was that.

Theres a new scourge here, guyana has started to make gin and vodka - we are of course used to 80 proof - theirs is 140...

and actually the gins not bad.
Old Jan 26th 2019, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

anuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud of

I found problems with the news when I first heard it. It was that, she was fit and healthy. A fit and otherwise healthy person would throw up.