Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Start-up BA Grenada flight for October 12th Canx

Start-up BA Grenada flight for October 12th Canx

Old Oct 13th 2020, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Start-up BA Grenada flight for October 12th Canx

British Airways were supposed to resume service into Grenada from London Gatwick tomorrow, via St Lucia. My Wife was booked on the flight intending to travel to St Lucia but when I went into her booking to check her in only then did I discover that the flight was actually cancelled.

BA customer service advised me that the flight was pulled last night - no advisory, nothing. They said it was a destination issue.

Apparently the flight is still operating as far as St Lucia from London Gatwick - nothing in the media here about the cancellation.

No ops this Saturday either but have rebooked for the last week of the month - fourth attempt at this run now.

Duh! Sorry - heading should be 14th

In the meantime have wasted 450 EC on the mandated PCR test. Nice one!

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Oct 13th 2020 at 10:49 pm. Reason: They said it was a destination issue.
Old Oct 14th 2020, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Start-up BA Grenada flight for October 12th Canx

Seems that a shipment of certain supplies for the airport here did not arrive on time, or as planned, and as a result the airport safety categorisation was downgraded, so BA had to cancel as this impacted larger aircraft such as the B777.

This was only known 36 hours before the first flight was due to arrive?

Grenada GIS announcement doesn't even mention that an actual scheduled flight (or two) was cancelled as a result or when flights are ACTUALLY likely to resume, only when the supplies are now expected to arrive and they apologise for any inconvenience to the traveling public. Walking on eggshells now it seems.

Onwards and upwards!
Old Oct 14th 2020, 10:33 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Its in the media, it has been since the weekend. 2 40ft containers of fire retardant foam have been on order for a while but the bug is being blamed as usual. The existing chemicals deteriorated so cant be used to put out a fire. I really cant see why but BA cancelled on being told but the americans and canadians dont seem so bothered, maybe their memo is still being considered. Anyway - it should be sorted in a few weeks, but till then no uk flights.
Old Oct 14th 2020, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Its in the media, it has been since the weekend. 2 40ft containers of fire retardant foam have been on order for a while but the bug is being blamed as usual. The existing chemicals deteriorated so cant be used to put out a fire. I really cant see why but BA cancelled on being told but the americans and canadians dont seem so bothered, maybe their memo is still being considered. Anyway - it should be sorted in a few weeks, but till then no uk flights.
GIS says issue only impacts larger jets and not A320 and B737- GIS detail is less than 24 hours old and they make it look like it is no big deal. It may indeed have been in the media but didn't say BA would cancel.

WE ARE ON OUR OWN HERE even so far as BA updating passengers.

Have been so inundated with the travel Health issues - now PCR tests for returners to Grenada that only have time to try and keep with the latest change to travel protocols which is a joke they are so frequent and often full of errors, confusing documentation (the Waiver of liability form) or lacking details as well as being warned off as the websites are impacted by viruses.

One moment Grenada is in the travel bubble and the next it is grouped in with low risk countries in one of its own sub-forms. One grows weary.

If you were connecting with InterCaribbean and using their inventory of forms for download you would be hopelessly out of date and since they are the only planes smoking, that is also an issue.

Anyway!

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Oct 14th 2020 at 11:13 am.
Old Oct 14th 2020, 11:45 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, seems to me that if you cant put out a fire it might be an issue for more than a 777... Lets see what happens ..

It is minor in that its fully understood and will be fixed when the containers of foam maker/chocolate jello arrive.