Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

St Vincent & The Grenadines - Info please

St Vincent & The Grenadines - Info please

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Lady in Waiting is an unknown quantity at this point
Default St Vincent & The Grenadines - Info please

I am married to a St Vincent national and we are based in the UK. There is a possibility he may get a work contract back in Vincy for 6 months. Can anyone tell me how easy it would be for me to accompany him on my UK passport? Would I need a temporary visitors permit or does our marriage give me automatic residency?

Excited about the prospect but also don't want it to be too complicated!

Long term, we would be looking to buy a home or some land there so this would give me the perfect opportunity to look around the islands and see if this is somewhere I would like to settle in the future.

I have lived in Barbados but long term that is not an option due to the difficulties with residents/work permits etc

Thanks for any advice anyone can give
Old Feb 24th 2011, 8:51 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: St Vincent & The Grenadines - Info please

Hi, welcome ro the forum.

I can't see you having to many problems with this. You would be better off checking with the St Vincent embassy and seeing exactly what you will need to bring.

Tel No for embassy 0207 565 2874

Last edited by pgtips; Feb 24th 2011 at 8:53 am.