Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Short-term accomodation St. Lucia

Short-term accomodation St. Lucia

Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Belinda1974 is on a distinguished road
Default Short-term accomodation St. Lucia

Hi,

I am urgently looking for an 2 bedroom-aparment with central location (near supermarkets and beach) and HighSpeed Internet for 3 weeks. Does anybody know a reasonable property, our budget is tight......Any help or links would be great!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Islander Girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Short-term accomodation St. Lucia

Originally Posted by Belinda1974
Hi,

I am urgently looking for an 2 bedroom-aparment with central location (near supermarkets and beach) and HighSpeed Internet for 3 weeks. Does anybody know a reasonable property, our budget is tight......Any help or links would be great!
Hello,
as it is only 3 weeks you are staying for then you will be restricted to using the tourist accommodation which means you will be paying around US$200 per night. What is your budget and I will ask around to see if there is anything around.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Hi Islandergirl,

Thank you very much for your offer! Do you know SweetShaves Apartments in Morne Fortune/Castries? I got a very good offer from them, but since I have never been on this island before, I can´t say if the location is good or not....maybe you could give me some infos about this location and if the apartments are OK? I am only looking for something clean with internet connection in the apartments with 2 bedrooms and an outside area (balcony or terrace).

Our budget won´t be more than USD 1.200,- - 1.500,-
Thanks for your help again!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Islandergirl,

Thank you very much for your offer! Do you know SweetShaves Apartments in Morne Fortune/Castries? I got a very good offer from them, but since I have never been on this island before, I can´t say if the location is good or not....maybe you could give me some infos about this location and if the apartments are OK? I am only looking for something clean with internet connection in the apartments with 2 bedrooms and an outside area (balcony or terrace).

Our budget won´t be more than USD 1.200,- - 1.500,-
Thanks for your help again!
Hi there,
I don't know Sweet Shaves apts but I know Morne Fortune. It is a small district which is on a hill behind Castries. It has a lot of history around it and there is a university up there too. You are about a 5 min drive into Castries and about 15 - 20 mins into Rodney Bay depending on traffic/time of day. Are you looking to be near the beach / tourist area - if so then this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a base to explore the island then this could be good, you are about 10 mins from the beach at Choc Bay, which is nice.
If you want something in Rodney Bay then try Tuxedo Villas, they are reasonably priced and in the centre of things in Rodney Bay, and directly opposite the beach.
Unfortunately, your budget doesn't give you too many options for a three week stay. Let me know if you want more info and I will look into things further for you.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Hi and thanks so much for your information!

I am not really going there for vacation, it is more kind of working vacation And I don´t want to be in a touristy area honestly....to be in a local place is fine since I prefer to be among locals.....But to be near beach would be great for the weekends, and also it would be great to have easy access to public transport. Are there minivans as well, like in Barbados? Can we go around the whole island by these busses?
Thanks so much for your help!!!!!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hi and thanks so much for your information!

I am not really going there for vacation, it is more kind of working vacation And I don´t want to be in a touristy area honestly....to be in a local place is fine since I prefer to be among locals.....But to be near beach would be great for the weekends, and also it would be great to have easy access to public transport. Are there minivans as well, like in Barbados? Can we go around the whole island by these busses?
Thanks so much for your help!!!!!
If you want to be out of the touristy area then you will be fine. There will be public transport around, in the form of minibuses, but you may have to walk to the nearest main road / bus route to pick up a lift. You are not too far from the beach but certainly not walkable.

Can I be nosey and ask what type of work you are doing while you are here? If you are an artist you will have some great views up on the Morne to use for your work.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Hi and sorry for the late reply...
We are now in St. Lucia for about 6 weeks and well, it is nice, but it was getting boring after the first week when we almost have seen everything around the island
SweetShaves Apartments on top of Morne Fortune are great and very reasonable, we have a 2 bedroom-apt. with every amenities you may need for a price of USD 55,- per night, which was a special. We are pleased with the choice.
I am working as a graphics designer and you are right, the views from here are absolutely great!