Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Relocating to Saint Lucia: LOTS of questions. HELP

Relocating to Saint Lucia: LOTS of questions. HELP

Old Aug 15th 2008, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Islander Girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Relocating to Saint Lucia: LOTS of questions. HELP

Originally Posted by kristiancdn
Another Question, haha.

To build a home in Saint lucia, does it take a long time? Here at home it would take about 1 year to build a 2000 square foot home. We noticed that in Many caribbean countries that building a home from scratch is usually a lenghthy ordeal, for example in Jamaica it was supposed to take 5 years aswell as parts of Belize. Is it this long in SL. too?
Hello,
There are many good builders I could recommend to you if you want to build. And as for time scales - it wont take 5 years!! A year is a good timescale. A house is being built opposite me and they started around March and they have finished the structure and are working inside now. Managing the project properly is the important factor with house building in any country and it is the same here.
Are you and your family planning a trip to the island again soon?
Old Aug 15th 2008, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

kristiancdn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Islander Girl
Hello,
There are many good builders I could recommend to you if you want to build. And as for time scales - it wont take 5 years!! A year is a good timescale. A house is being built opposite me and they started around March and they have finished the structure and are working inside now. Managing the project properly is the important factor with house building in any country and it is the same here.
Are you and your family planning a trip to the island again soon?
Wow! that is a relief! Maybe that is an option for us then as well. We are planning on going down in December or march During spring break. We want to spend some time there to make sure it is some where we want to invest, and maybe look at some properties. We hope to relocated by Next summer for sure as this School year is beginning it is hard to switch during the year. We will most likely purchase before then but not move out till next summer. Either buy a home or rent and build.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

kristiancdn is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, That is no problem we currently all have passports and clean records. I dont remember where we read the non passport entry but I could have sworn it was a gov. site. Maybe not but if so maybe they should update it.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

LucyLock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I work in real estate and have also set up my own company here so I know the procedure. I can also send you lists of builders, most take around a year to two years depending on the build. I have a guy whom is American and has built several places on the island. He does everything for you from drawings right through to handing over the keys at a very competitive price. He also guarantees a date that he will finish, if he goes over this he pays you!
(SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Aug 25th 2008 at 3:27 pm. Reason: commercial URL removed