Moving to Canouan

Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Dragonflies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Canouan

I think probably Islandmum is the one to help here! We are currently considering the possibility of moving to the caribbean and my husband has seen a job on this island. As a mum, obviously one of the considerations that come into force is education. I have 3 sons of 10, 8 and 9 months. Also, accommodation? Really flying blind with this and wondered if anyone could offer any advice? There is only so much info you can gather over the net and talking to someone who has been there, done that is obviously much better! My husband is currently an Operations Manager for a Biomass heating company (ha ha I know not much call for it over there!) but his background is in Engineering, air conditioning and mechanical and electrical trades. Myself - a wedding planner!

If anyone could give us any pointers on accommodation, education and the like I would be very grateful.

Thanking you in anticipation

Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Canouan

Originally Posted by Dragonflies View Post
I think probably Islandmum is the one to help here! We are currently considering the possibility of moving to the caribbean and my husband has seen a job on this island. As a mum, obviously one of the considerations that come into force is education. I have 3 sons of 10, 8 and 9 months. Also, accommodation? Really flying blind with this and wondered if anyone could offer any advice? There is only so much info you can gather over the net and talking to someone who has been there, done that is obviously much better! My husband is currently an Operations Manager for a Biomass heating company (ha ha I know not much call for it over there!) but his background is in Engineering, air conditioning and mechanical and electrical trades. Myself - a wedding planner!

If anyone could give us any pointers on accommodation, education and the like I would be very grateful.

Thanking you in anticipation

IM's obviously not seen your post...why not drop her a PM? :
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

Dragonflies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Canouan

We are in touch - thanks though!