Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Looking to move to Trinidad & Tobago

Looking to move to Trinidad & Tobago

Old Jul 25th 2011, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

cmm21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to move to Trinidad & Tobago

I've been visiting Tobago regularly since 2009 and have a real desire to work there. I have a degree in Marketing and more than 17 years experience in magazines and newspapers. I am also training to be a journalist and have written for a newspaper in Tobago free of charge for work experience. I'm keen to make a move there this year and have lots of skills to offer. happy to work in the tourism / leisure too but preferably in marketing, media or publishing. I'm going in december for 3 months. I know I don't technically need a visa for 3 months but am I better off getting one up front? Should I admit I'm for 3 months when I arrive? I'm applying for jobs through caribbean Jobs but there don't appear to be many openings for expats. Any advice? i have a really impressive CV with some big blue chip companies. Thanks
Old Jul 30th 2011, 5:02 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to move to Trinidad & Tobago

Originally Posted by cmm21
I've been visiting Tobago regularly since 2009 and have a real desire to work there. I have a degree in Marketing and more than 17 years experience in magazines and newspapers. I am also training to be a journalist and have written for a newspaper in Tobago free of charge for work experience. I'm keen to make a move there this year and have lots of skills to offer. happy to work in the tourism / leisure too but preferably in marketing, media or publishing. I'm going in december for 3 months. I know I don't technically need a visa for 3 months but am I better off getting one up front? Should I admit I'm for 3 months when I arrive? I'm applying for jobs through caribbean Jobs but there don't appear to be many openings for expats. Any advice? i have a really impressive CV with some big blue chip companies. Thanks
Hi cmm21, welcome to the forum. Firstly I would ask have you got any contacts in Trinidad that will be looking out for you ? Trinidad is a country you really need to know well and you have to become very streetwise very quickly. Are any of your parents Trinidadian ? If so you will be able to apply for a triniadian citizenship. The other route is if you or your parents were born in any of the Caricom countries you may be able to go in through this route. I think once you are on the isalnd you will get a much better picture as to the current job market there, however I would add on a small island the right contacts can make the world of difference to your results. Maybe write to the newspapers across there and guage their response as to job openings.
Good luck.