Looking for advice

Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

Seasoned Traveller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for advice

Hi Everyone, I have been logging on and reading the questions and feedbacks over the last few months and I think this is a brilliant site. Well I am packing up and have found a job and I hope to be moving to live in St Lucia from early November. I just wondered if anyone knows how much can you earn before you start paying Tax out of your salary and what are the different %rates for the tax levels. Do they have this like the way it is in the uk?

I will be working in Castries and living in Rodney Bay area. I want to do social activities outside of work I never have opportunity of doing here in UK. Does anyone do any horse riding as I would love to not only learn but help out in the stables and really learn more about horses in my spare time. Does anyone do this themselves?
Old Jul 10th 2008, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

LucyLock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for advice

Originally Posted by Seasoned Traveller
Hi Everyone, I have been logging on and reading the questions and feedbacks over the last few months and I think this is a brilliant site. Well I am packing up and have found a job and I hope to be moving to live in St Lucia from early November. I just wondered if anyone knows how much can you earn before you start paying Tax out of your salary and what are the different %rates for the tax levels. Do they have this like the way it is in the uk?

I will be working in Castries and living in Rodney Bay area. I want to do social activities outside of work I never have opportunity of doing here in UK. Does anyone do any horse riding as I would love to not only learn but help out in the stables and really learn more about horses in my spare time. Does anyone do this themselves?
Hi in regards to horseriding there is a stables up near Beausejour where my friend helps out with the horses, I am sure they would welcome the help ( Beausejour is very close to Rodney bay) so you should not have a problem there. Sorry I cannot help on the other issue.

Have fun and pm me when you arrive I will introduce you to some ex pats/friends.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

Seasoned Traveller is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Looking for advice

Hey Lucy Thanks for your reply. I know the stables you are referring to and I will try there. I will let you know when I am on the island. I can't believe it, it is not that long to go now at all.

If you dont mind I am just going to ask another question. I am stilling tossing with the idea of sending a barrel with a few personal items and electrical goods like a Microwave, Iron, Toasters, Curling Tongs as well as other personal bits. Is it worth it how much will they charge at the port to collect the barrel?
Old Jul 12th 2008, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hi I have a link with some details on this somewhere on this PC - I will dig it out and post it on a separately, however my experience of duty is that it is quiet high, so be warned! It is usually best to try and bring as much as you can in your personal suitcases, that is what I did.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

This may help.

www.customs.gov.lc

If you need any help with finding a place to live when you are over here I work for a Estate Agents here that does rental as well as sales.

Good Luck!