Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Living in Guadeloupe & looking for other ex pats!

Living in Guadeloupe & looking for other ex pats!

Old Feb 17th 2017, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

emeljopi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Guadeloupe & looking for other ex pats!

Hi,
I'm British and grew up in North London. If you are still in Guadeloupe, it would be great to hear from you!
Old Apr 28th 2017, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

taiwills119 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!
Ive been living in Guadeloupe for 18 months so many challenges.
I am a Nigerian-UK, living with my husband here.
We originally lived in the Commonwealth of Dominica, where he comes from, but the economic system over there is dire, so we moved over here.We go back and forth though, as we have a house out there, but because of employment opportunities, we decided to make Gwada our base.
I speak secondary school French (Lol!). In other words, I speak awful! I am learning, but I am taking my time.
I trained and worked as a counsellor, where Dual Diagnosis (Mental Health and Substance Abuseare my specialities) in London. Currently, I am working part time at a language school in Le Moule.

I want to hear an English accent!!!!! I miss London!
Howcan we meet up???
And, the OP of this thread, I think I know of you!
Old Apr 28th 2017, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi Taiwills 119
I'd love to meet up... I live in Morne a l'Eau..
Old Apr 28th 2017, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

taiwills119 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!
I just got your message. Yes, it would be good to meet up. I'm not driving at the moment, all public transport.
Send me your details and let's arrange πŸ˜€
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 12:44 am
Just Joined

catseyes23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello emeljopi and tiawills. I haven't logged onto this site until a couple of days ago since my last message in May 2016! I didn't think that other Brits might have moved to Guadeloupe. Tia I replied to your private message that you sent me on the 29th April 2017 on 28th Sept and tried to call your mobile number but it went to voicemail so I'm assuming you are either in Dominica or England? I know that it's Akin's 25th Birthday today and I sent him an email last night to wish him many happy returns of the day. Do call me when you get back so we can meet at the weekend. Emel, are you still living in Guadeloupe in Morne a I'Eau? Would you like to meet for a chat one weekend? I still live in Ste Anne.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi there,
It would be great to meet up... you probably already know that Taiwills119 and I are already in contact so maybe we could arrange something together?
Old Oct 10th 2017, 1:49 am
Just Joined

catseyes23 is an unknown quantity at this point

If any British tourists are thinking of visiting Guadeloupe or have already booked a holiday then do feel free to contact me to ask any questions that I will try and answer. Luckily Guadeloupe wasn't badly hit by either hurricane Irma or Maria so little damage was done to the island & life is back to normal. Basse Terre has rivers, waterfalls and a dormant volcano so one can go for walks or hikes there. It also diving schools and nice beaches. 'Death in Paradise' is filmed mainly in Deshaies. I saw the actor Danny John-Jules who plays Police Officer Wayne in Ste Anne as I was driving past the other Sunday so I'm assuming that they may be still filming or he is here on holiday? I wanted to stop and get his autograph but my partner wouldn't let me. Hope his French is better then mine as I didn't hear any being spoken! Hope he's okay and got back safely.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

TDansby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving fromTexas To Guadeloupe part time

Hello to allπŸ‘‹πŸΎπŸ‘‹πŸΎI’m looking to move to Guadeloupe part time I have friends I made on the island who lives in bouillants Basse Terre and les Abymes and Raizet... do anyone have info on how to become a temporary or permanent resident on the island? My new friends who speak a little English could help me... any info please?
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 10:00 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving fromTexas To Guadeloupe part time

Originally Posted by TDansby
Hello to allπŸ‘‹πŸΎπŸ‘‹πŸΎI’m looking to move to Guadeloupe part time I have friends I made on the island who lives in bouillants Basse Terre and les Abymes and Raizet... do anyone have info on how to become a temporary or permanent resident on the island? My new friends who speak a little English could help me... any info please?
This is a good place to start https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/co...a-requirements
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by catseyes23
If any British tourists are thinking of visiting Guadeloupe or have already booked a holiday then do feel free to contact me to ask any questions that I will try and answer. Luckily Guadeloupe wasn't badly hit by either hurricane Irma or Maria so little damage was done to the island & life is back to normal. Basse Terre has rivers, waterfalls and a dormant volcano so one can go for walks or hikes there. It also diving schools and nice beaches. 'Death in Paradise' is filmed mainly in Deshaies. I saw the actor Danny John-Jules who plays Police Officer Wayne in Ste Anne as I was driving past the other Sunday so I'm assuming that they may be still filming or he is here on holiday? I wanted to stop and get his autograph but my partner wouldn't let me. Hope his French is better then mine as I didn't hear any being spoken! Hope he's okay and got back safely.

Cycling is very good there Basse Terre is a good ride. One of our sons found bike rental difficult however and flying his own was a better bet.