Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Links for St. Lucia Long Term Rentals

Links for St. Lucia Long Term Rentals

Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

LittleTorchGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Links for St. Lucia Long Term Rentals

Does anyone know of any sites that have long term rental listings (price, photos, etc) in the Rodney Bay & Cap Estates area? My husband & I are moving there in May 08!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:05 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Links for St. Lucia Long Term Rentals

Originally Posted by LittleTorchGirl
Does anyone know of any sites that have long term rental listings (price, photos, etc) in the Rodney Bay & Cap Estates area? My husband & I are moving there in May 08!
What exactly are you looking for ?
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the response Island Girl! 2 or 3 br and bath. Air conditioning throughout the place would be ideal. It doesn't matter if it's a house or an apartment, but we do have a 40 pound dog who will be coming with us. Would be nice to have a bit of a yard but if not that's OK too.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Links for St. Lucia Long Term Rentals

Sorry, meant to say "thanks for the reply pgtps".
Old Mar 14th 2008, 11:19 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LittleTorchGirl
Sorry, meant to say "thanks for the reply pgtps".
LittleTorchGirl, check the house in Bonne Terre Gardens on my site, 5 min drive to Rodney Bay, but a big house and lot with plenty of room for dog to run around. http://www.rodneybay.net/Rodney%20Ba...%20Estate.html. You will need a jeep as this one is very private, but great sea view and high quality accomodation at a fantastic price for what you get.

I also have access to a 2 bed apartment and 3 Bed apartment directly opposite Rodney Bay marina, which form the ground floor of an executive house, again with plenty of yard space for dog (though there is one already, but seems friendly enough).
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

LucyLock is an unknown quantity at this point

I know of a two bed apartment in Marigot Bay that I am sure the owners wont mind you having a dog in as they have some themselves, they are just putting a website together so I can send the link soon,however if you want further details please personal message me and I will send over photos and details.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 9:43 am
Just Joined

redbreast is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, great web site , we are doing some research at the moment and looking to take a year out looking to put our roots down. St Lucia has come up and we would like to know a lot more. Can any one help , we would be looking to rent long term and possibly buy something, land or house. We currently live in Jersey, quite active lots of sports. How much would we pay to rent average place , how much does food cost, eating out occaisonaly. Steve R
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Islander Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
I moved to St Lucia about 9 months ago and love the lifestyle, the island and the people are so friendly. Its great!

Eating out in touristy places is slightly cheaper than the UK depending on where you go, but there are some great local eateries which have lovely food and are very cheap in comparison.

Renting depends on where you decide to stay, in Rodney Bay and Cap Estate the prices are a lot higher than some of the surrounding areas.

If you are planning a trip over sometime look me up and I can give you a helping hand. I can also put you in touch with someone in Real Estate who could advise you.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Hi thanks for that. Just out of interest how much would we pay for a place in the surrounding area then ? long term. cheers steve
Old Apr 6th 2008, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

LucyLock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am in real estate on the Island, I dont want this to turn into an advert so if you need any details please let me know and I will let you have our website details. Myself and my colleagues have vast experience in both rental and purchasing of properties.

Expect to pay the following:

Marigot Bay: 1 bed apartment 2,000 EC per month, 3 bed 3000 EC per month.
Both furnished
( Nice area lots of ex-pats, nice community feel)

3 Bed apartment Bonne Terre ( North of Island, assistant police commisioner lives here) $3,000 EC per month (Furnished)

1 Bed apartment - Rodney Heights $1500EC ( furnished)

2 bed apartment - Vigie ( close to Castries) prime minister lives here - $4,000 per month.

2 bed unfurnished apartment - Trouya - near Windjammer landings, North of Castries, $1800

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Got all that not sure what EC stands for , presumably all of those figures are per month , including the last one. Steve
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

LottieLou is an unknown quantity at this point

redbreast - EC stands for East Caribbean Dollar - which is the local currency. Check out the exchange rates on http://www.xe.com/ucc. I think at the moment the UK pound is about 5 to 1EC$.

HTH
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

LottieLou is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by redbreast
Got all that not sure what EC stands for , presumably all of those figures are per month , including the last one. Steve
Redbreast - EC stands for East Caribbean Dollar. it's the local currency used here (it's also used by other Caribbean islands as well). I think the current exchange rate between the UK pound and the EC$ is about 5 to 1.

HTH