Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Just need some assistance urgently

Just need some assistance urgently

Old Jun 2nd 2017, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Twinni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just need some assistance urgently

I live and work in Jamaica but financially it has become so burdensome. Additionally, me along with my wife have a baby girl due to be born this month (June) and that's when the added pressure will be "turned up" on me. I look to work in another Caribbean country where you can actually see what you working for or if I can get some real assistance to move to the UK or Canada or even USA. Remember Iam s traffic cop now and if I could get a job as a police in any other territory outside Jamaica thanks.
I await favorable responses 🙏👮👍
Old Jun 4th 2017, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

beachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just need some assistance urgently

Originally Posted by Twinni
I live and work in Jamaica but financially it has become so burdensome. ...Remember Iam s traffic cop now and if I could get a job as a police in any other territory outside Jamaica thanks.
I await favorable responses 🙏👮👍
I would suggest doing some police sleuthing activities and look up the police forces in the countries where you would consider living. They usually have contact information for their administrative offices and can put you in touch with their human resources people. That way you could apply for a job if they have one available.... Here is a link to the website for the Grenada Police Force - lot's of phone numbers for the head office and for each Division. Contacts – Royal Grenada Police Force
Maybe try giving them a call. Other locations / countries can be contacted in the same way....
Old Jun 4th 2017, 7:53 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure Grenadas a good bet for that, but do give it a go... I heard that a lit of people apply to join, as its a good job, and also that caricom nationals might get in more easily - but do try - and not just in grenada, st lucia, bvi, dominican republics big, etc etc etc.

Getting into the usa would be via residence in the bvi or there are dirct ways to apply, you wont get into england via anywhere specifically in the caribbean i suspect, but the process is documented on this site if you want to try from jamaica, dont know about canada.

Last edited by uk_grenada; Jun 4th 2017 at 7:57 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 1:35 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the answers so for. Much appreciated
Old Jun 5th 2017, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

skip84 is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand TCI is currently looking for police ROYAL TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS POLICE FORCE Now Recruiting!! - Turks & Caicos Islands

Recruiting – Eligibility & Requirements | Royal Turks and Caicos Island Police
Old Jun 6th 2017, 2:35 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the answers but it's a bit too late for the Turks and Caicos Islands as I read the link you sent. The closing date for applications have already gone from :Closing Date: 27th March, 2017

Last edited by Twinni; Jun 6th 2017 at 2:37 am.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

skip84 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would still contact them as its always great to make connections and if they recruit again soon or dont have the right recruits they could contact you.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Alright then