Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Job Offer on Provo - looking for advice

Job Offer on Provo - looking for advice

Old Feb 27th 2010, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

dcgypsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Offer on Provo - looking for advice

Hi everyone,
I've been offered a scuba instructor position at Beaches resort, and was wondering if anyone living on Provo could offer advice, especially anyone else working in the dive industry there. I've heard there isn't really public transportation on the island, is it possible to just get around on a bike? Is it easy to find roommate situations? Are there sandflies? (I worked on Roatan and my legs finally look good again after a year!) I've read that the grocery stores are expensive, so what is the monthly cost for groceries for one person? I actually have a ton more questions, but looking forward to your thoughts and advice. I'm just trying to work out if my salary will be enough to cover expenses...
Old Mar 1st 2010, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Job Offer on Provo - looking for advice

Originally Posted by dcgypsy
Hi everyone,
I've been offered a scuba instructor position at Beaches resort, and was wondering if anyone living on Provo could offer advice, especially anyone else working in the dive industry there. I've heard there isn't really public transportation on the island, is it possible to just get around on a bike? Is it easy to find roommate situations? Are there sandflies? (I worked on Roatan and my legs finally look good again after a year!) I've read that the grocery stores are expensive, so what is the monthly cost for groceries for one person? I actually have a ton more questions, but looking forward to your thoughts and advice. I'm just trying to work out if my salary will be enough to cover expenses...
A lot of info on www.enews.tc, cheap appts etc.

I haven't been there...yet...but if you look at other questions here most of what you are asking is answered already.

If I were you I would go in a heartbeat, especially working for Sandals, good benefits I believe, what are the wages like?
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:37 am
Just Joined

dcgypsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job Offer on Provo - looking for advice

Actually no, I havent really seen answers to my questions on other posts. I asked if there were sandflies, if it was possible to get around on a bike, how hard it was to find roommate situations. These things havent been posted anywhere else on this board that I've seen. Nor have I come across anyone who worked in the dive industry.