Help for Antigua

Old Jul 7th 2016, 8:22 am
Just Joined

lynnedarren is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Help for Antigua

My Wife and I are thinking of moving out to the Caribbean and really like Antigua.
We are both British and would like any advice or help on what life is like living out there.
Any info on work permits, health care and general living.
Also what is the crime rate out there.

Thanks in advance.

Darren
Old Jul 7th 2016, 2:34 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help for Antigua

The crime rates in countries are easily found on the web, the cia world book and other sites eg Antigua and Barbuda Crime Stats: NationMaster.com

Careful, crime stats can hide things like high levels of tourist crime or eg that most crime is drug related and if you dont use it, you arent at risk...

Wherever you think might be nice, you need to know if you would be allowed to move or live ir own property or work there. Most of the caribbean doesnt let foreigners work or live in their countries without sime serious requirements.

Assuming you can live there, you really should not just assume its right for you, dont invest too much before you are sure - rent there for 6 months or linger and see if it really is fir you.
Old Jul 7th 2016, 2:36 pm

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

NB work permits are normally not something you can ask for, a potential employer has to ask for and pay for it, catch-22 in some places for some jobs, and dont assume theres no local [who would get priority normally] who isnt looking for that job.
Old Jul 7th 2016, 2:39 pm

https://www.expatify.com/guide/movin...ua-and-barbuda
Old Jul 8th 2016, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

It's 20 years since I stopped off in Antigua for a few days. Then, it was known as "Little Africa" - which was very apt. Many of the women wore traditional West-African voluminous dresses, and many of the men wore those beanie-caps. I loved its near-uniqueness in the Caribbean region; but the standard of public hygiene might have put me off living there, despite the friendliness of the people. I wonder if it's changed since then.