Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Grenada: Quarantine reduced for 2 days for the vaccinated.

Grenada: Quarantine reduced for 2 days for the vaccinated.

Old Apr 23rd 2021, 10:33 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Grenada: Quarantine reduced for 2 days for the vaccinated.

Grenada: the Prime Ministers office announced that as of May 1, travellers who have been fully vaccinated for 2 weeks will only be required to quarantine for up to 48 hours. A negative test 72 hours prior to arrival, test upon arrival, and travel authorization form still required.

I have a feeling this might be a caricom norm shortly.
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grenada: Quarantine reduced for 2 days for the vaccinated.

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
...travellers who have been fully vaccinated for 2 weeks will only be required to quarantine for up to 48 hours. A negative test 72 hours prior to arrival, test upon arrival, and travel authorization form still required.
That makes sense - as long as vaccinated people aren't carriers. But I thought they were carriers. What's the story on that, Grenada? And, why bother testing, if they're not carriers and if the vaccine is effective? I'm confused.
Old Apr 24th 2021, 5:16 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grenada: Quarantine reduced for 2 days for the vaccinated.

Nothing is ever 100%, but if fullly vaccinated you are pretty much 100% [and this is confirmed by research] not infected and nearly 100% [this research is advanced and reported but not completed] not capable of infecting people.

BUT

Some governments are fearful and blindly follow advice of a single wrong expert. Clinicians are notoriously risk averse and are also notoriously bad a evaluating ranges of risks the.way insurance underwriters are [these are the people who balance risks and understand holistic cost and risk.]

So they test 'in case' and think - why bother doing a 150us test to get on a plane then do the same when you get off? Surely on getting off is enough.