Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Claiming Bahamian "state pension"?

Claiming Bahamian "state pension"?

Old Jan 12th 2015, 4:33 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Claiming Bahamian "state pension"?

Hi everyone on the Caribbean part of the site - this is my first time posting over here!

I worked in the Bahamas for 7 years and paid Bahamian NI. I have been looking into claiming a Bahamian state pension (or actually, it looks like I will be claiming a lump sum "grant" under the rules brought in in January 2011).

I was wondering - is there anyone here who is claiming the Bahamian state pension or knows about the procedures and/or the changes I have referred to 9from pension for people with 3-10 years' contributions to a lump sum instead)?

I think I have managed to get some good information but sometimes the personal experience of others can be valuable.

Thanks for any help or advice!