Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Bermuda - Bringing my dog with me

Bermuda - Bringing my dog with me

Old Dec 6th 2012, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

papabri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bermuda - Bringing my dog with me

Hello,

I'm starting a job in Bermuda in Jan 2013 and will be bringing my dog with me (a 3yr old mini dachshund). I've read the bermuda dept of environmental protection's requirements and it won't be a problem complying with them, except I have 1 issue:

My flight to Bermuda is Jan. 8th. I'll be staying in a hotel for a couple of days while I find an apartment. The animal import application form wants me to specify the address the dog will be living/staying while I'm on the island for the next 18 months. Obviously I won't know the address of the apt where we'll live until I find it. I'd rather not spend money on additional flights to have him flown to the island after I've found a place, so I prefer to have him with me on my flight down there on Jan 8 if possible.

So, I've thought about putting my employer's business address on the application but wasn't sure. Any advice? I thought I'd see if anyone here has experience with this when first relocating to the island before I emailed the bermuda dept of env protection.

Thanks!
Old Dec 6th 2012, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

papabri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bermuda - Bringing my dog with me

Got impatient (I guess the excitement is getting to me!) so I emailed the dept and was told that you can provide a temporary address (ie a hotel or dog sitting service) where you'll keep your dog until you find an apartment. Then, you can update the dept with the address of your apartment.