Architectural Jobs

Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Arch_Tech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Architectural Jobs

I am looking for some advice, I am an Architectural Technician looking to re-locate to the caribbean, a friend of mine (a QS) works in the TCI, i was thinking about joining him there, but i have been reading -on this forum- that it is very boring with not much to do. I understand that it is a booming country with lots of work for people in my trade.

A few questions,

Does anyone know what rate of pay i would be looking at? I cant find anything on-line.

Would I receive a full package, ie appartment, Health, car ect??

I am open to suggestions re working anywhere else in the caribbean, does anyone know any other countries where I could find a job in my field?

I have another friend who works in Dubai, he has nothing but good things to say about it, iam in 2 minds as to where to go.

Any advice would will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Old Aug 29th 2008, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

onislandoutofmymind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Architectural Jobs

There maybe some architectural jobs on island, however right now the political climate is very bad indeed. Perhaps you have read what going on here. It is not easy to get jobs for expats because of the commision of enquiry. The government has put the country in a hole.

Some jobs will offer accommodation, however they are generally on the lower pay scale when hotels and resorts recruit staff from overseas. As for it being boring that is true. There is little to do, aside from water sports etc. but you cant do that all the time, unless you are really keen on it.