Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

Welcome to all you new Canadians

Welcome to all you new Canadians

Old Aug 29th 2013, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Jeraboam is just really niceJeraboam is just really niceJeraboam is just really niceJeraboam is just really niceJeraboam is just really niceJeraboam is just really niceJeraboam is just really niceJeraboam is just really nice
Smile Welcome to all you new Canadians

Congratulations to all those new Canadians celebrating an anniversary of their arrival in this great country. I hope you enjoy the happiness and success which I have had since arriving as a teenager in July 1956, 57 years ago. With all its pros and cons, it is still a wonderful country in which to live and raise a family. The Economist magazine recognised this when it included three Canadian cities in the top five Liveable Cities of the World: Vancouver, Toronto and Calgary, an amazing tribute.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 1:27 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Welcome to all you new Canadians

A warm Congratulations! Upon a veritable life in Canada! Most of us do feel a celebration is in order at the various milestones of our stay here!

Are you happy here? What do you like or dislike...would you do it all again?
Old Aug 29th 2013, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Largo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Welcome to all you new Canadians

Originally Posted by Jeraboam
Congratulations to all those new Canadians celebrating an anniversary of their arrival in this great country. I hope you enjoy the happiness and success which I have had since arriving as a teenager in July 1956, 57 years ago. With all its pros and cons, it is still a wonderful country in which to live and raise a family. The Economist magazine recognised this when it included three Canadian cities in the top five Liveable Cities of the World: Vancouver, Toronto and Calgary, an amazing tribute.
Congratulations! You beat me by one year, but I came when I was 23 yrs. old in 1957. I cannot complain about my experience here. There have been good times and not so good, but overall nothing to complain about
Old Aug 29th 2013, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Jeraboam is just really niceJeraboam is just really niceJeraboam is just really niceJeraboam is just really niceJeraboam is just really niceJeraboam is just really niceJeraboam is just really niceJeraboam is just really nice
Smile Re: Welcome to all you new Canadians

We have visited the British Isles a number of times over the years and enjoyed the beautiful scenery, fascinating cities and friendly people. On our first visit, we drove for seven weeks, following most of the coastline of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland! We have also had the privilege of visiting many European countries, many U.S. states and driven coast to coast through every Canadian province. Our visits have ranged from a few days to two months at a time, including home exchanges and house sits, and though we have enjoyed every one, there is always something special about coming home to Toronto, especially in a Fall evening when that incredible clear light of sunset warms the city and tells us that we are really fortunate to live in Toronto, in Ontario and in Canada.

Each year, on 1 July, we stand on the dock of our cottage near Fenelon Falls and watch the sun rise, raise our beautiful flag and be sure that some family or bunch of teens or some old fogies like ourselves will startle the loons with an uneven chorus of O Canada, truly now our home and native land...

With Labour Day arriving this weekend, we will soon be entering that glorious time of year when the Fall colours draw us out into the valleys and forests of Toronto and Southern Ontario and make us forever thankful we live in a place where people are free to practise their religions, speak their views, elect their leaders, choose where they live and are largely free from fear and strife so prevalent around the world.

I will never regret my family's decision to come to Canada despite the lean times, hard work and frustrations of the early years. I take enormous pride in presenting my Canadian passport at Customs and wearing my Canadian lapel flag every time we travel.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 5:40 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeraboam

I will never regret my family's decision to come to Canada despite the lean times, hard work and frustrations of the early years. I take enormous pride in presenting my Canadian passport at Customs and wearing my Canadian lapel flag every time we travel.
How very nicely put...you are an inspiration to us all. Thank you
Old Sep 18th 2013, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

Sailed into Montreal with wife and two kids July 6 1963, caught the Canadian at Windsor station for Ottawa and never left.