Two years today

Old Oct 22nd 2013, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future
Default Re: Two years today

Originally Posted by TKaur81
Its really nice hearing that people are settling into the BC area and have stayed despite hardships, I'm VERRRY NEW to BC, next week it will have been just one month since I have been here, and I'm still very much in the homesick -what have I just done type frame of mind. Its nice to hear that people have felt more settled down after a while : )
home sickness is all about waves...the smallest thing can trigger it. ive been here 5 months. it took 2 years to get here on a PR visa. my logic when i get home sick is to think how much time and effort it took to get here. skype and facebook are my saviours, i dont know how people coped with telegrams n pigeons lol

my homesickness usually only lasts a day or 2 and then disappears as quickly as it came
i also keep up with the news back home which helps remind me why i started on this adventure. im definitely settling better as time goes on so keep going
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Mary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond repute

Its really nice hearing that people are settling into the BC area and have stayed despite hardships, I'm VERRRY NEW to BC, next week it will have been just one month since I have been here, and I'm still very much in the homesick -what have I just done type frame of mind. Its nice to hear that people have felt more settled down after a while : )
TKaur, I am hoping to move next summer from Uk with my Canadian husband & 2 kiddies (to Chilliwack - we have a business there).

Interesting to hear how people are settling in. Do you have up and down days ?
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

TKaur81 will become famous soon enoughTKaur81 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Two years today

Originally Posted by angelic applicant
home sickness is all about waves...the smallest thing can trigger it. ive been here 5 months. it took 2 years to get here on a PR visa. my logic when i get home sick is to think how much time and effort it took to get here. skype and facebook are my saviours, i dont know how people coped with telegrams n pigeons lol

my homesickness usually only lasts a day or 2 and then disappears as quickly as it came
i also keep up with the news back home which helps remind me why i started on this adventure. im definitely settling better as time goes on so keep going

Hey there

Thankyou for replying to me I have been having those 'waves' during my first month here. Some days I am fine and can focus on what I am doing, other days so far Im sobbing about being back home. You have done awsomely well to have been there 5 months. It also took me 2 years and a fair bit of money to get my PR visa . I also use Skype and FB a lot...I don't think I would have coped without them. Did you come alone or with family? I came alone , so I don't really have that husband or partner for the emotional support I guess. I do want to make a go of things here, but didn't think I'd get this homesick so fast lol

Tina
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

TKaur81 will become famous soon enoughTKaur81 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mary louise
TKaur, I am hoping to move next summer from Uk with my Canadian husband & 2 kiddies (to Chilliwack - we have a business there).

Interesting to hear how people are settling in. Do you have up and down days ?
Hi Mary Louise,

I suggest you read a variety of people's threads in this Canadian section as it will give you a wider view of how people are doing. I am a total newbie to Vancouver, I've only been here a month and at the moment my homesickness is quite Frequent..I've been having more bad and down days than up days (but I have had up days too) , you will see a lot of people have said it takes time to settle in, I am still finding me feet too I'm gonna review my situation I think after 6 months...providing I can be strong enough to be here in van in 6 months time lol
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 12:15 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mary Louise,

I suggest you read a variety of people's threads in this Canadian section as it will give you a wider view of how people are doing. I am a total newbie to Vancouver, I've only been here a month and at the moment my homesickness is quite Frequent..I've been having more bad and down days than up days (but I have had up days too) , you will see a lot of people have said it takes time to settle in, I am still finding me feet too I'm gonna review my situation I think after 6 months...providing I can be strong enough to be here in van in 6 months time lol
Try to get at least one full Vancouver summer in to give you a balanced view. Vancouver's winters can be terribly wet and depressing, different from Britain where the rain days often get broken up a bit. A very good idea to find something to do during the winter (classes, sports, etc). On the other hand the summers in Vancouver are fab and make up for the damp dull winters.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mary Louise,

We have been here since July and enjoyed the Vancouver summer. I am adjusting well. We are living in Coquitlam which is quiet but allow us a nice house at a sensible price. Down days happen, but it is much easier to get through them if you have a project or something to do. I'm not working but am volunteering and taking a Jewellery making course. Getting out the house and mingling is key!