Six years today

Old Jul 18th 2016, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Six years today

Well, it is the first time since we arrived that I have written a canniversary.

Six years ago we arrived in Calgary with two suitcases, nowhere to live, no jobs, and no vehicles. Six years on, we have a house two vehicles and jobs.

It has been a tough road to travel - there are things we like, and things we do not like; just like the UK.

The hardest part of moving was leaving our two boys behind (23 and 27). I cried buckets. Six years later, the boys are here, have jobs and have PR. The eldest successfully sponsored his partner via common-law inland - it took 7 months and 1 day from application being received to them having their landing interview last month in Calgary.

Would I go back to live - no.

All in all, a good decision was made.

Poppit
Old Jul 19th 2016, 2:55 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Six years today

Good for you guys, did u get citizenship yet ?
Old Jul 19th 2016, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Magnumpi

Yes we got citizenship in May last year; it will be a while before the boys can apply but at least we are all here together.

PS: I sent you a private message. :-)

Poppit
Old Jul 19th 2016, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppit
Well, it is the first time since we arrived that I have written a canniversary.

Six years ago we arrived in Calgary with two suitcases, nowhere to live, no jobs, and no vehicles. Six years on, we have a house two vehicles and jobs.

It has been a tough road to travel - there are things we like, and things we do not like; just like the UK.

The hardest part of moving was leaving our two boys behind (23 and 27). I cried buckets. Six years later, the boys are here, have jobs and have PR. The eldest successfully sponsored his partner via common-law inland - it took 7 months and 1 day from application being received to them having their landing interview last month in Calgary.

Would I go back to live - no.

All in all, a good decision was made.

Poppit

We visited Cochrane a couple of weeks ago when looking at the surrounding towns of Calgary. Seems like a really beautiful place to live, it was our favourite of all the towns we visited.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

It is a great place to live. Mountain views and it's proximity to Canmore, Kananaskis, Banff and Lake Louise make it an ideal location.

Lots of building going on at the moment so perhaps you might find a spot that suits your family.

Poppit
Old Jul 20th 2016, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppit
It is a great place to live. Mountain views and it's proximity to Canmore, Kananaskis, Banff and Lake Louise make it an ideal location.

Lots of building going on at the moment so perhaps you might find a spot that suits your family.

Poppit
I did notice a lot of building, I hope they don't over do it like in the UK and end up ruining things! We drove around a couple of the new developments which did seem very nice though.

It all depends where work can be found though really, we're a couple so I think we'll aim for a cheap room somewhere if we're lucky enough to get in.

Always nice to hear good experiences, best of luck in the future and keep us updated
Old Jul 20th 2016, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good-luck, and fingers-crossed you are successful. 😀

Poppit