British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canniversary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/)
-   -   Six months and gave up - BIG mistake (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/six-months-gave-up-big-mistake-774699/)

clay Jan 5th 2013 11:21 am

Re: Six months and gave up - BIG mistake

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 10466137)
Why can't people exchange thoughts without squabbling ?

I think its because peoplee get so defensive when anyone questions or posts anything negative,,, and i can't be doing with people talking rubbish about their HOME country..... at least in the UK you can see the road markings at nite when its raining.... so its not all bad is it...

Pom_Chch Jan 5th 2013 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Mikeypm (Post 10465905)
Im not sure if you meant it to sound rude, but your comment to Pom_Chch comes across as quite rude and blunt. I understand everyone has their own view, but I see no reason to be rude to someone and try to insinuate you are better than them.

Yep good point Mikey, which is why I decided not to dignify it with a response. The more I read Clay's posts I understand why he doesn't fit into Canada and he will be better off back in his cul de sac surrounded by expensive shops and people who sign for Chelsea.

Now if you will all excuse me I must go back to my ghetto and cry myself to sleep in my crappy area of the UK...:thumbsup:

Simon Legree Jan 5th 2013 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch (Post 10466190)
Yep good point Mikey, which is why I decided not to dignify it with a response. The more I read Clay's posts I understand why he doesn't fit into Canada and he will be better off back in his cul de sac surrounded by expensive shops and people who sign for Chelsea.

Now if you will all excuse me I must go back to my ghetto and cry myself to sleep in my crappy area of the UK...:thumbsup:

Why even bother feeding the troll !

clay Jan 5th 2013 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch (Post 10466190)

Pom.. have you actually lived in canada ?? serious question...

clay Jan 5th 2013 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Simon Legree (Post 10466197)
Why even bother feeding the troll !

So.. if you dare to question the good things here, your a Troll ?? I live in halifax NS mate...

:D

christmasoompa Jan 5th 2013 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by clay (Post 10466130)
:rofl: ok.. you lot keep your rose tinted glasses on.. sorry for even thinking about telling some home truths... you obviously have access to my bank accounts...:rofl: I'm having second thoughts about returning now , they may have put a kebab shop in our cul de sac and probably all my neighbours houses are boarded up... good job the last person who rented our house whilst we lived in Aberdeen signed for chelsea... he would have been very disappointed... next time you make a remark, please only comment on things you have a clue about..lmao... read your post again... if they are considerably richer than me ( good on em by the way ) of course they could return to the UK, because if they are considerably richer than me... they won't have to live in a " crap " area as you put it... I don't concern myself who got what, its just some people cannot take any criticism of canada.... and only want to hear the good stuff... do you work for an immigration consultant ?? is it bad for business ?? people should get a balanced view before making their decision... obviously some people depending on their line of income don't like to see this posted ... :thumbsup:

You're missing the point. I also prefer the UK to Canada and am lucky enough to live in a safe, affluent part of it (in a house worth a lot more than yours, as it seems to matter so much to you ;):lol:).

But you keep wittering on about how well off you are, how many houses you have etc, as if you're better than everybody else and being rude to others that prefer Canada to the UK.

Please just realise that everybody likes different things, and that you cannot assume people lived in a crappy part of the UK just because they like Canada. Plenty of forum members that lived in the Cotswolds or similar and still prefer their life in Canada.

Different strokes for different folks and all that!

clay Jan 5th 2013 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10466816)
You're missing the point. I also prefer the UK to Canada and am lucky enough to live in a safe, affluent part of it (in a house worth a lot more than yours, as it seems to matter so much to you ;):lol:).

But you keep wittering on about how well off you are, how many houses you have etc, as if you're better than everybody else and being rude to others that prefer Canada to the UK.

Please just realise that everybody likes different things, and that you cannot assume people lived in a crappy part of the UK just because they like Canada. Plenty of forum members that lived in the Cotswolds or similar and still prefer their life in Canada.

Different strokes for different folks and all that!

have you lived in canada ?
all i'm saying is surely an area full of boarded up shops can't be that nice can it ?
sorry for owning a few properties by the way,,lol
I'm happy some people like canada, but some don't and a balanced view is needed for people to read..?

magnumpi Jan 6th 2013 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Howefamily (Post 10454140)
Thanks! So nice to see a positive cheerful response to our Florida driving plans. There are so many that are quick to say that we are nuts (they often havent done the drive themselves!)

We drove to N Carolina, then across to Virginia BEach, then back via Philly, we took 2 weeks off and enjoyed the ad hoc book n stay if we like it way o life lol. Pace yourself, get up early and beat the rush hour away from the overnight stays and you be ok.

Siouxie Jan 6th 2013 3:15 am

Originally Posted by clay (Post 10466130)
:rofl: ok.. you lot keep your rose tinted glasses on.. sorry for even thinking about telling some home truths... you obviously have access to my bank accounts...:rofl: I'm having second thoughts about returning now , they may have put a kebab shop in our cul de sac and probably all my neighbours houses are boarded up... good job the last person who rented our house whilst we lived in Aberdeen signed for chelsea... he would have been very disappointed... next time you make a remark, please only comment on things you have a clue about..lmao... read your post again... if they are considerably richer than me ( good on em by the way ) of course they could return to the UK, because if they are considerably richer than me... they won't have to live in a " crap " area as you put it... I don't concern myself who got what, its just some people cannot take any criticism of canada.... and only want to hear the good stuff... do you work for an immigration consultant ?? is it bad for business ?? people should get a balanced view before making their decision... obviously some people depending on their line of income don't like to see this posted ... :thumbsup:

I for one do not find your posts give a balanced view in the slightest.

You are coming across as very condescending, obnoxious and rude.

If you dislike the comments you are receiving in return then I would suggest you remove yourself from not only Canada but the BE forum. IMHO you add nothing to either.

Howefamily Jan 6th 2013 5:49 am

You DO get a balanced view on here, its BEs, everyone airs their opinions for and against a place, food, a country etc etc

Balanced views do not include rudeness and patronising behaviour. If you want people to hear your "balanced view" then you need to cut the crap

Howefamily Jan 6th 2013 5:49 am

Originally Posted by siouxie (Post 10467112)
I for one do not find your posts give a balanced view in the slightest.

You are coming across as very condescending, obnoxious and rude.

If you dislike the comments you are receiving in return then I would suggest you remove yourself from not only Canada but the BE forum. IMHO you add nothing to either.

agreed!

christmasoompa Jan 6th 2013 6:27 am

Originally Posted by clay (Post 10466824)
sorry for owning a few properties by the way,,lol

Don't be sorry for that, many of us own more than one house - the difference is that we don't keep going on about it! Why on earth you think it's relevant is beyond me. As my mother always said, 'those that truly have, don't shout about it'.

You are more than welcome to air your views about Canada, but not to deride other members in the process, particularly if you're making rude assumptions about them in the process (i.e. 'if you come from a dumpy place like the poster obviously does' when you know nothing about them).

Nobody has an issue with you not liking Canada, but the way you are expressing yourself is not in the spirit of BE, so tone it down a bit would you?

Thx.

clay Jan 6th 2013 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Howefamily (Post 10467328)
agreed!

LOL.. you kill me..lol.... ok.. I was joking, Its the best place in the world here, i wouldn't live anywhere elase.. everyone is awesome and well, I just love it...how dare anyone have a different view... disgraceful... :thumbsup:

Howefamily Jan 6th 2013 6:53 am

Originally Posted by clay (Post 10467390)
LOL.. you kill me..lol.... ok.. I was joking, Its the best place in the world here, i wouldn't live anywhere elase.. everyone is awesome and well, I just love it...how dare anyone have a different view... disgraceful... :thumbsup:

You need to understand that having a different view is fine, no one will care about that. Your different view is totally accepted. Its your tone that sucks

christmasoompa Jan 6th 2013 6:58 am

And on that note, I think it's time to close this thread, as it's gone rather off track and the OP is no longer participating anyway.

:)