Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

The Ross Family Canniversary

The Ross Family Canniversary

Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:46 am
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of
Smile The Ross Family Canniversary

Well, tomorrow is the day that myself and little 'un stepped off a plane at Calgary to be reunited with daddy and were greeted with -28 degrees. Seems surreal that we have been here a whole year already.

Even though the last 12 months have flown by it feels as though we've been here much longer and have achieved so much in such a small amount of time. Mr. Ross is one year into his new job and seems to be going from strength to strength - look out for roundabouts appearing in Calgary!

The little 'un has taken to the Canadian way of life like a duck to water, she enjoys the freedom to play out in the street, ride her bike and visit her friends without me totally stressing out every 5 minutes if I can't see her from the window. She loves her new school and has both English and Canadian friends.

I finally secured a job, after much sending out of resumes, and have also settled into the Canadian way of working which is so much more laid back than Blighty. They have yet to totally get my British sense of humour but I suppose only time will tell. All in all I work with a great bunch of people who have welcomed me into the workplace and who are upbeat and positive about the future.

We have also made some great friends, you guys know who you are, mainly ex-Brits but slowly adding some Canadians to this tally.

So what is in store for The Ross Family? We are currently here on a TWP but our AINP has been approved and all our PR paperwork is lying in a pile, no doubt, in Buffalo waiting to be processed. We have yet to sell our UK house which is currently rented but we are getting itchy feet and would dearly love to buy something on this side of the Atlantic to put down firmer roots. We have family coming out to visit in the summer so we are looking forward to showing them the beauty that is Alberta and boasting that it is all on our doorstep.

There are still odd moments when I think of the UK and there are things I miss (especially the shopping) but all in all we are here to stay.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:34 am
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ross Family Canniversary

Congratulations to you all

Hopefully your PR application will be processed quickly, good luck
Old Feb 19th 2010, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Ross Family
Well, tomorrow is the day that myself and little 'un stepped off a plane at Calgary to be reunited with daddy and were greeted with -28 degrees. Seems surreal that we have been here a whole year already.

Even though the last 12 months have flown by it feels as though we've been here much longer and have achieved so much in such a small amount of time. Mr. Ross is one year into his new job and seems to be going from strength to strength - look out for roundabouts appearing in Calgary!

The little 'un has taken to the Canadian way of life like a duck to water, she enjoys the freedom to play out in the street, ride her bike and visit her friends without me totally stressing out every 5 minutes if I can't see her from the window. She loves her new school and has both English and Canadian friends.

I finally secured a job, after much sending out of resumes, and have also settled into the Canadian way of working which is so much more laid back than Blighty. They have yet to totally get my British sense of humour but I suppose only time will tell. All in all I work with a great bunch of people who have welcomed me into the workplace and who are upbeat and positive about the future.

We have also made some great friends, you guys know who you are, mainly ex-Brits but slowly adding some Canadians to this tally.

So what is in store for The Ross Family? We are currently here on a TWP but our AINP has been approved and all our PR paperwork is lying in a pile, no doubt, in Buffalo waiting to be processed. We have yet to sell our UK house which is currently rented but we are getting itchy feet and would dearly love to buy something on this side of the Atlantic to put down firmer roots. We have family coming out to visit in the summer so we are looking forward to showing them the beauty that is Alberta and boasting that it is all on our doorstep.

There are still odd moments when I think of the UK and there are things I miss (especially the shopping) but all in all we are here to stay.
That has gone so quickly Can't believe thats a year since you left here, sounds like you are settling in well wish you all the best hope you here soon about PR, good luck to you all x
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:42 am
Jedi Master

Devil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really nice

That is great, congratulations on getting to your first Canniversary
Old Feb 20th 2010, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

amardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant future

How`s it going it is cockney sparrow here. I finally got a bank job and totally get what you mean as my colleagues don`t get my sense of humour either and I tend laugh at my own jokes how sad . I am so pleased your life is still going well and again know what you mean as we are still renting our house out in the UK and hope the exchange rate picks up otherwise we will continue renting it out for a while.

I also have my first visitor which is my mum coming out in the summer so can`t wait. Congrats again Ross family and here`s to the next one.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Many congrats to the Ross Family...you're making this emigration lark look easy. Here's to many more happy years here.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 1:16 am
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of

If only eh Getting There!

You know exactly what we have gone through to get this far - and you will be involved in our future plans as well.

Thanks for the best wishes everyone.

The Ross Family
Old Feb 21st 2010, 5:37 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes for the future.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of

Happy Canniversary guys. Can't believe we've been friends for a year now too....feel like I've known you forever. You've all become great mates and we're very thankful you're in our new lives here too xxx
Lots to celebrate in your lives so hope that all the paperwork comes through quick and you can be PRs like us!
I'd say 'have a big glass of wine' to celebrate......but I know you don't drink (hahahaha) ....not much!

lots of love and kisses

Mr and Mrs Stophe and co xxx
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 11:39 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

what a lovely positive post. I look forward to the day when I can let my children out of my sight when they are playing!
Old Feb 25th 2010, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

libgirl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Ross Family Canniversary congratulation to you and your family,