Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

only 2 months in Nova Scotia ... but loving it!

only 2 months in Nova Scotia ... but loving it!

Old Oct 15th 2011, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice
Default only 2 months in Nova Scotia ... but loving it!

The two months have flown by ... house purchase complete, SIN obtained, drivers license swapped, car bought and plated, eldest started school, made some new friends ... and earlier this week had confirmation of a job ...
So very happy with how things are working out ... and good luck too all you others out there. x
Old Oct 15th 2011, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

MandyStock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: only 2 months in Nova Scotia ... but loving it!

Originally Posted by chobert
The two months have flown by ... house purchase complete, SIN obtained, drivers license swapped, car bought and plated, eldest started school, made some new friends ... and earlier this week had confirmation of a job ...
So very happy with how things are working out ... and good luck too all you others out there. x
Pleased all has gone well for you. Hope to be in the same position next summer - fingers crossed. (also moving to NS)
Old Oct 15th 2011, 5:35 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chobert
Congratulations and welcome to Nova Scotia.
Hope things keep going well for you in the future.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on your happily ever so far.

Nice to read positives, keeps the dream alive for us wannabe's
Old Oct 16th 2011, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome and glad you are enjoying NS. We have been here since March 08 and still love it and always finding something else to like about it
Old Oct 17th 2011, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Congrats! Glad things are going so well for you.

We hope to be joining you in NS soon if I get my TWP approved
Old Oct 27th 2011, 3:11 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, we have been here since March and its great
Old Oct 29th 2011, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

ergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud of

What do you like about it? I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy it were I to ever go there...
Old Oct 29th 2011, 4:31 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Here is my bullet point style list of why I love it:
I love the expanse of sky whether its day or night, theres so much of it and its clear of light pollution
The lakes
The beaches - OMG Melmerby and Queensland rock my world
The people - not all of them - some are rude but my neighbours are seriously some of the nicest people I have ever met.
The view of NS laid out as I go over the airport hill (small hill but great view) either way
The summers - hot, humid and LONG (compared to the UK that is)
The Fall - stunning
The proximity to Florida and England should I want to go back and visit, Florida here I come every year!
The houses - love them all, nice amount of space in mine, and it has a pool
The raccoons - yes I am weird with this one
The small towns along the South Shore - I still cant believe I live this close to that beauty
Pan fried Haddock at Stayners Wharf - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old Oct 29th 2011, 4:34 pm
Happy

Can I add that Spring here sucks, its a month later than I am used to, wet and colourless (actually its just brown - the dead grass, the trees, everything)
Food is expensive - thank god for flyers
Gas prices seem to change every Thursday at midnight - up and down
Some customer service (Telus, Bell aliant, RBC) is beyond awful and makes me want to go down there and enter the information on their computers myself!
Old Oct 30th 2011, 3:37 am
T4T
Forum Regular

T4T will become famous soon enoughT4T will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Howefamily
Can I add that Spring here sucks, its a month later than I am used to, wet and colourless (actually its just brown - the dead grass, the trees, everything)
Food is expensive - thank god for flyers
Gas prices seem to change every Thursday at midnight - up and down
Some customer service (Telus, Bell aliant, RBC) is beyond awful and makes me want to go down there and enter the information on their computers myself!
I toatally agree with you with regards to Food, gas prices and some customer service!!! It fdels like you read my mind!!!
Old Oct 31st 2011, 3:44 pm
Happy

Originally Posted by T4T
I toatally agree with you with regards to Food, gas prices and some customer service!!! It fdels like you read my mind!!!
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really happy for you - everything sounds like it's falling in to place! I really hope next year I'm here posting something similar... we hope to move out next summer as well and I'm currently feeling pretty nervous!
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

JSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant future

Oh yes i love pan fried haddock at Stayners too and also the big big skies here.
Congrats to everyone who is enjoying their new lives in Nova Scotia and please if you would be available for any newcomers to come and visit you as there is nothing better than hearing what life is like here from someone who has just achieved it then please let me know.

Last edited by JSHalifax; Nov 3rd 2011 at 12:12 am. Reason: mis spelling
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 1:37 pm
Happy

Originally Posted by JSHalifax
Oh yes i love pan fried haddock at Stayners too and also the big big skies here.
Congrats to everyone who is enjoying their new lives in Nova Scotia and please if you would be available for any newcomers to come and visit you as there is nothing better than hearing what life is like here from someone who has just achieved it then please let me know.
Oh, I am happy to be available!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.