Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

One year and expected to work 24/7 365 days

One year and expected to work 24/7 365 days

Old Jun 16th 2015, 6:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One year and expected to work 24/7 365 days

Originally Posted by worklifebalance
You should have left it at you had no idea because you don't. You admit your assumption is you believe the occupants are from anywhere but Canada (otherwise how are they illegals?) Your comments were aimed at other nationalities.
Other than cradles? Of course, it never crossed my mind that you'd have cradles in your basement. Didn't you say that you're in the GTA?

As for exploitation don't you boast several times on this thread how tough you are making people work very long hours without pay
No, never.

and even fired someone for not answering the phone whilst driving?
That's true, we do need a reasonable level of commitment.

You seem offended by the fact I found a way not to be exploited by the very methods you use. You are probably one of the recruiters who looks for new immigrants to exploit and don't want somebody like me telling the rest of the Brits what my real experiences were in Canada.
I'm not at all bothered what you post. I don't believe very much of it but your exploited immigrant schtick has been quite entertaining.
Old Jun 16th 2015, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

worklifebalance is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
Other than cradles? Of course, it never crossed my mind that you'd have cradles in your basement. Didn't you say that you're in the GTA?

No, never.

That's true, we do need a reasonable level of commitment.

I'm not at all bothered what you post. I don't believe very much of it but your exploited immigrant schtick has been quite entertaining.

Touched a nerve did I your response sounds very touchy? One idea of this forum is for expats to share experiences - and what we did to resolve them as I posted on this thread. You spend most of your time here trolling and ridiculing. Its been quite entertaining for me watching your obsession with this thread and anywhere else I post. Its like being stalked by an emotional Chihuahua with PMT - no effect whatsoever.

I wonder how many newcomers actually stay on this forum with the way you and some other members troll them.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 1:52 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Its been quite entertaining for me watching your obsession with this thread and anywhere else I post.
Jolly good, one aims to please.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Split the basement into 3 rooms for homestay students and you can achieve that without leaving home.
You'd have to have a basement first....

I did try to find a room mate just so we could reduce our rent, but nobody want's to live with a married couple and a dog it seems...ha ha