Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

One Year in Edmonton Alberta

One Year in Edmonton Alberta

Old Aug 21st 2009, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

redneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to all
Default Re: One Year in Edmonton Alberta

All the charm of Milton Keynes with the culture of Basildon
Old Aug 21st 2009, 9:28 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redneckboy
All the charm of Milton Keynes with the culture of Basildon
Talking about yourself mate?
Old Aug 21st 2009, 9:45 pm
Banned

Lemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Linda P
"No disrespect intended, but if you have come here from Manchester I can see why you would consider Edmonton an improvement".

Funny you should put this.....when I saw you were from Wales, I had the same thought.

I don't wish to offend either....I lived there long enough.

Linda
That makes no sense - I don't think Edmonton's an improvement!

These Edmonton lovers don't seem very bright, maybe they've been here too long!
Old Aug 21st 2009, 9:47 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lemi

Or maybe they're too busy enjoying their lives to bother taking time to decipher the ramblings of a sheep**a**er ?
Old Aug 21st 2009, 9:51 pm
Banned

Lemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud ofLemi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Or maybe they're too busy enjoying their lives to bother taking time to decipher the ramblings of a sheep**a**er ?
....and howcome you aint "out enjoying your life" - my mistake - you aint got one. Anyone with over 10,000 posts on any forum is a bit sad.

Last edited by Lemi; Aug 21st 2009 at 9:59 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 9:52 pm
Banned

....and howcome you aint "out enjoying your life" - my mistake - you aint got one.
I aint an Edmonton Lover
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 22nd 2009, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious...what part of Wales are you from?

Linda
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 1:17 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Linda P
Just curious...what part of Wales are you from?

Linda
Llareggub.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 1:39 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jericho
But what you dont seem to realize is that a lot of your issues are directly linked to the climate.

Crime rates are low compared to major UK cities. If you disagree, either back it up with facts or shut up.

You seem to have "issues" regarding the climate. Let me assure you I do not.

On crime I'm not comparing Edmonton with UK cities, I'm comparing it to other Canadian cities. Stats can easily be found on line if you care to look.

Again, if you had bothered to read my post before commenting you would see I make no comparisons between Canada and UK.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 4:00 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bsmith
You seem to have "issues" regarding the climate. Let me assure you I do not.

On crime I'm not comparing Edmonton with UK cities, I'm comparing it to other Canadian cities. Stats can easily be found on line if you care to look.

Again, if you had bothered to read my post before commenting you would see I make no comparisons between Canada and UK.
Not at all- I like the climate.

Erm, name one Canadian city that you actually compared Edmonton to in your original post.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 5:20 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jericho
Not at all- I like the climate.

Erm, name one Canadian city that you actually compared Edmonton to in your original post.

In my original post I don't compare Edmonton crime stats to other cities, I simply state that if you wish to check the crime stats they are available on line.
In your reply you mention Edmonton has a low crime rate and I suggested that compared to other Canadian cities you may wish to check that claim.

Again I suggest you read what I've written before you reply.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

redneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to all

Talking about yourself mate?
Edmonton, obviously.

Please don't confuse me with one of your mates.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

We are from Wales and I must admit, maybe I am blind, but I never have seen any sheep being abused by any of the locals

Seriously, we may be heading to Edmonton or St Albert. We want to live the Canadian lifestyle and fit in, and if it turns out that Edmonton is not for us then we will move on to somewhere else.

We respect the first posters experience, we also respect some of the other comments which are more positive. But at the end of the day we are coming with an open mind and will decide for ourselves whether or not it suits us.

If Edmonton is not for you, why talk about it ? Just take action and move.

JET
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

The latest report shows that generally the west has the highest crime rate.
http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/03/04/t...%80%94by-rank/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.