One Year On

Old Dec 4th 2020, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Fivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond repute
Talking One Year On

Today is our First Canniversary, what a crazy year. Moving to a new country, well for me not my Canadian wife, retirement, then COVID.
When we landed with 11 pieces of luggage between us, all of the officials, customs, immigration etc were extremely helpful, obviously lulling us into what was to come. We already had a condo and managed to get our effects before Christmas and the start of restrictions, some subsequent furniture custom ordered after our arrival did not appear until July.
The down side, taking 8 months to get a Doctor, crazy car insurance prices and the homeless camping in Toronto parks ( sadness, not criticizing them)
The good is a far longer list, people are generally friendly and helpful, the wide open spaces are mostly accessible, healthcare is good and Toronto is so multicultural that the only familiar thing that I have not found to eat are pork pies and pasties. This has spurred me on to bake my own..
Covid has had a huge impact on what I was expecting to do during my retirement but we are far better off than many, I hope that the promised light at the end of the tunnel is not a train coming.
Thanks to all, especially the Mods on the site for providing the information in an easily accessible form to make settling easier.
PS
i hate the All Way junction 😈
Old Dec 5th 2020, 3:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One Year On

Happy Canniversary! What a time to have moved over, indeed.. but hopefully the good is outweighing the bad.

Pork pies and pasties are available
https://www.simplybritishfoods.com/c...hurchill_.html
https://abitofhome.ca/fridge-freezer...ckup-only.html
https://hpimports.ca/collections/pork-pies
https://gbpastyandpie.ca/menu/
(and others)

Old Dec 5th 2020, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Fivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One Year On

Thanks Siouxie,
I should have asked on here before, this place is a mine of information.
Whilst you don’t crave for these things every day, it is nice to be able to have a treat occasionally