Nearly four months

Old May 3rd 2009, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice
Default Nearly four months

Hi all,

I haven't been on here for a while now, been running around like headless chicken.

Well just thought I would say, WWWWWWOOOOOWWWWW: D
We have all settled in at work and school, some things were a bit difficult to get our heads round, but for the main, all ok.

We have been living in my wifes Tracey's brother and family's basement in Okotoks, Alberta, so a real big thank you to them for putting up with us. Then this week we have put in an offer on a house and it was excepted and hopefully were finish the conditions on Wednesday and complete the 12th June (maybe sooner).

Just wondering if there is anyone that are living in Calgary, Okotoks area and fancy meeting up, please let me know. Or if your on a research trip and fancy coming along.

Oh we were sent (didn't ask) our 90 day update letter for PR, 3 weeks ago, which I must say was a surprise. So we completed that and sent it off and now are waiting for medicals request. Must say it's all happening now, that's why we are running around like headless chickens.

Anyway, that's all for now, just thought I would let you know.

Cheers to you all,
regards,
Carl
Old May 4th 2009, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Nearly four months

Hi Carl,

Sounds like you are settling in nicely. Hopefully your med requests are not too far away.
Old May 4th 2009, 12:53 am

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done, fingers crossed for a early completion for you
there is nothing like having your own home

Heres to many more happy years

LB
Old May 4th 2009, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carl,

Nice update. With your positive attitude as a family and the superb support of your relatives, you are making a great success of things here...and we'll get that house sorted for you as well.

Also, you should all join the "Moving to or New to Okotoks" group on Facebook (see sig line below). One of the next big family get-togethers is going to be arranged via that group.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.

Last edited by Getting There; May 4th 2009 at 3:03 pm. Reason: To mention the Okotoks Facebook group.
Old May 6th 2009, 5:00 am
AB Realtor

Stophie is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Carl - good luck with the house.

Haven't seen you in MG for a while!
Old May 6th 2009, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

ali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Hi all,

I haven't been on here for a while now, been running around like headless chicken. Cheers to you all,
regards,
Carl
Congratulations Carl & family. Excellent news on the new house front. What a terrific feeling isn't it. Simon and I met you in Toms House of Pizza just after you landed. Any time you fancy a coffee we are in.
Old May 7th 2009, 4:35 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Carl and family, glad everything is working out for you all!
Old May 7th 2009, 4:39 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, sounds like its going well

Time to change your user profile location I guess
Old May 14th 2009, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys....delighted to hear that all is progressing so well. I haven't been on here for a while either. Life is tooooooo busy over here at the mo. Great news about the house...hopefully you'll have room for us on a visit one day! xx
Old May 15th 2009, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you have settled well. Time goes so fast, it only seems like yesterday that we had the Midlands meet up but it has been nearly a year. Keep in touch.
Old May 28th 2009, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
Glad you have settled well. Time goes so fast, it only seems like yesterday that we had the Midlands meet up but it has been nearly a year. Keep in touch.
Hello all!!

I very nearly came to the Midlands meet up that Carl organised, - Broadway if I remember correctly? I unfortuately I was unable to make it in the end. It sounds as if your all settling in well! - I am a bit later moving out there than what I originally intended (down to money) but!! I am finally flying out this Tuesday! I have already got my PR status I landed in Septemeber, so this Tuesday is the big one! Im really nervous, but excited and a little sad all at the same time, but its really good to know that things are working well so far for all of you! Very encouraging!

All the best

Paul