Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

Lucky 13 - years that is.

Lucky 13 - years that is.

Old Aug 14th 2019, 1:11 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lucky 13 - years that is.

13 years ago today we landed at Pearson airport and drove to Guelph during a very grey, damp and overcast day. Given a return ticket that day I would have returned back to Scotland on the spot!

My daughter is now 8 and we have a good life. Canada has been welcoming to us. Friends from the UK have tended to drift away as is to be expected but we have made new ones along the way. I'm grateful for my life here.

I hope all the old regulars on here are doing well and good luck to all of you starting or already in the process.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 9:18 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lucky 13 - years that is.

Originally Posted by Madmac
13 years ago today we landed at Pearson airport and drove to Guelph during a very grey, damp and overcast day. Given a return ticket that day I would have returned back to Scotland on the spot!

My daughter is now 8 and we have a good life. Canada has been welcoming to us. Friends from the UK have tended to drift away as is to be expected but we have made new ones along the way. I'm grateful for my life here.

I hope all the old regulars on here are doing well and good luck to all of you starting or already in the process.

Congrats on your (unlucky for some but not for you ) 13th Canniversary!

I have family that live in Guelph and they seem to like it there - how are you finding it?

Good to see you are still around.. there's a few of us still hanging on, lol.
Old Aug 26th 2019, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lucky 13 - years that is.

Congrats on your 13 years! Sounds like your new life is going well. Also that's great you've made new friends, that can be one of the hardest things to achieve for newcomers to Canada.