Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

Just over 3 years in Alberta

Just over 3 years in Alberta

Old Aug 17th 2013, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Just over 3 years in Alberta

Originally Posted by MillieF
Congratulations on the three year milestone. I am looking forward to that sort of timespan, as I think I too will feel quite settled by then. I know from another thread that you are thinking of changing your job, how are you going on that front?

Well done on your new home! Ignore your MIL...you will never win whatever you do, my MIL was one of the main reasons I didn't want to live in Canada, being on the same continent is a trial..I only thank heaven that Canada is 'quite' large! Very best of luck for the next bit!
Thanks MillieF, appreciate the encouragement 3 years here feels as though we are over the hump, and the worst part as far as finding our feet goes. Buying a house is a big deal in helping feel more settled aswell.

The second interview went well (I think) but you never know.....I gave it my best shot anyway. Also looking into doing a PhD so will have that on the going on the side. It would be total luxury to be able to pursue it full time.

Yes, the MIL is quite high maintenance and was really horrible to us after we left the UK last Xmas. The nasty emails went on for months and months....we were pulling our hair out, not to mention other things....
Old Aug 19th 2013, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for the next three, and for house buying and job hunting, etc. Life muddles on and you will find you balance soon.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks ann m - life certainly does "muddle on". Plenty to navigate our way around in the meantime!
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 11:59 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Ally , I can only dream of getting to Canada let alone being there 3 years
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Congrats Ally , I can only dream of getting to Canada let alone being there 3 years
Hang in there Mikeypm - stay focused and you'll be here in no time.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 2:41 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AllyS
Hang in there Mikeypm - stay focused and you'll be here in no time.
Im very focused, I just wish HRSDC where so focused
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Im very focused, I just wish HRSDC where so focused