Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

Just over 3 months in Nova Scotia!

Just over 3 months in Nova Scotia!

Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

sim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Just over 3 months in Nova Scotia!

Originally Posted by Poppy2
I think you are taking everyone's replies too literally or too personally, which I remember doing too when I left NZ. Its a hard time and you feel resentment towards a place (well I did) and it is hard being part of a forum like this as you will get people offering advice and critisism which is welcome at times, but also very unwelcome at other times. The key is to remember that there may be a bunch of happy immigrants, but there are also a lot of people, such as yourselves, that arent happy and chose to move on. So dont feel judged by the vocal people who ask outright things that make you feel uncomfortable and remember that this is the nature of a forum like this. Take what is valuable for and your family and ignore the rest.

I think people genuinely feel sorry that in this time you felt that things werent going to improve and that NS wasnt for you. You would have to have a heart of stone to not understand that those feelings make for a very hard 5 months. I wish I could have been of some support, being just down the road, but I realise that this boat has likely already sailed
Sorry for being snappy Adele and Poppy, will calm down now...
Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sim2point4
Sorry for being snappy Adele and Poppy, will calm down now...
It's ok, don't worry - hope the move back goes as smoothly as possible, take care
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Happydayz
Hi there,

we live nr Bridgewater, NS, have been here 3 years now, and we do love it, a total change from the UK, its not the best place to earn the big bucks mind you, In fact probaly the lowest paid area around, most of the local people looking to earn lots, tend to head for the citys outside NS, Montreal, Toronto, and out west.....life here for us has been laid back, slow paced and winters are long cold, and lots of diggin out, but we knew that, and we are happy with it......I hope you all find what you are looking for here in NS, its a wonderful place to live..... its not the UK....but hay if we wanted the UK I guess we would still be there.....anyway good Luck, hope it all works out
Hi there Jenny and Tony, so nice to see you are still here and enjoying life. Bridgewater isn't that bad is it!