British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canniversary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/)
-   -   It's my turn......(I never thought I'd be saying this) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/its-my-turn-i-never-thought-id-saying-640872/)

or4ngecrush Nov 16th 2009 3:16 pm

It's my turn......(I never thought I'd be saying this)

Can you believe a year today 18th November (well it's after 12pm) I came to Canada on a flight by myself, wondering what Canada had in store for me.

I had so much trouble coming here, so many brick walls, so many changes and delayed paperwork, changes to paperwork, crap lawyers etc.... Sometimes even worried that I may never get here. Well here I am a year later with so much going on in my life (all good things of course)

I have so many good friends, some (adopted) family members, a great boyfriend, who I moved in with last week. I am not on my own and have experienced so many great things here. Life is good, I have so much more here than I ever did in the UK.

I feel so lucky......xx

Coffeepot Nov 16th 2009 8:57 pm

Re: It's my turn......(I never thought I'd be saying this)

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush (Post 8103668)
Can you believe a year today 18th November (well it's after 12pm) I came to Canada on a flight by myself, wondering what Canada had in store for me.

I had so much trouble coming here, so many brick walls, so many changes and delayed paperwork, changes to paperwork, crap lawyers etc.... Sometimes even worried that I may never get here. Well here I am a year later with so much going on in my life (all good things of course)

I have so many good friends, some (adopted) family members, a great boyfriend, who I moved in with last week. I am not on my own and have experienced so many great things here. Life is good, I have so much more here than I ever did in the UK.

I feel so lucky......xx

When you left i remember thinking how brave to be going on her own :D
and now a year on such a great time woohoo

Hope it continues well for you really do after all the hassle you had,
Great to hear about the new fella :wub: enjoy hun xx

Cookie Nov 16th 2009 11:01 pm

Hi Emma

You certainly had a rough ride getting here and some scarey times too but you made it and have, through all your own hard work, determination and support of family and friends, have embraced your new life and made Nova Scotia your home.

Just goes to show that sometimes you just have to grab life and simply 'go for it'. Fortune favours the brave :D

Happy 1st Canniversary and here's to many more. :thumbsup:

Atlantic Xpat Nov 16th 2009 11:56 pm

Point of order, it's the 17th today. (unless you are in Australia!). Nevertheless congrats on your Canniversary tommorrow!;)

purple80 Nov 17th 2009 1:57 am

Happy Canniversary you really deserve it.

albertabound Nov 17th 2009 2:41 am

Well done:thumbsup:

Tina x

ann m Nov 17th 2009 9:56 am

Well done Emma and I'm delighted things have turned out so great for you. Congrats! :thumbup:

AmyDavid Nov 17th 2009 11:50 am

Many congrats Wemma. Glad your hear even if you are a cheeky monkey sometimes :0)

xx

nikki dreaming Nov 17th 2009 12:11 pm

Congratulations Emma, wishing you lots of happiness in your new home and here's to many more canniversary's:thumbsup::drinkwine:

xx

The4BellsLondon Nov 17th 2009 2:10 pm

Glad its worked out for you :)

Simon Legree Nov 17th 2009 2:33 pm

Well done and here's to many more happy years for you.:thumbup:

Linda P Nov 18th 2009 12:59 am

Well done you.......so glad it's all working out for you.

I too remember reading your posts and thinking how brave you were:thumbup::wub:

Linda

lancashirebird Nov 18th 2009 2:23 am

Well done on your first year ;)

I too can remember reading your journey and wow what a brilliant year for you, all the best for future years

LB:wub:

The Broady's Nov 18th 2009 8:42 am

Well done lady:thumbsup: I remember thinking you were so brave and adventurous when I read your posts. Enjoy whatever is in store for you.;)

or4ngecrush Nov 18th 2009 10:44 am

awww thanks guys you never realise how much people read your posts and are touched by your story, oh and yes Atlantic I was a day early but I never noticed, to be honest I'd had a bad night that night due to one of my cats escaping and being outside for hours and I didn't go to sleep until late and then thought it was the 18th lol

We got the cat back by the way but what a scare, so horrible.

Anyway thanks again xxx