Hello old friend

Old Mar 5th 2012, 10:48 am
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Hello old friend

Well hi everyone

Its been a while since I've been on here and boy the last few months have been a roller coaster!

Picking up from my last post, some months back we have some fab progress and news to report.....here is a brief re-cap....

We came to Canada in Sept 09 on a TWP from sunny Bournemouth - hubby started working for a company on the work permit and things were financially tight for us for quite some time, but life was MUCH better than in the UK - we found a different quality of life and loved it.

Then, 8months into our new lives, his boss effectively did the dirty on us and (what would be constructive dismissal in UK) let him go - 3 weeks before our work permit was due to expire!

We were devastated to say the least. I reached out to the folks on this forum to try to find a path to help us to find a solution and allow us to stay here. You did not disappoint. However, the advice being incredibly sound seemed to be too much of a tall order - find a new employer, get a new job and get applications for LMO's/Work permits in under 2 weeks!

Well - it seemed too much for my hubby, he felt it wasn't possible and reluctantly we decided that we'd have to go back to UK - but I hang onto every last thread of hope and in a last ditch attempt, I updated his CV, emailed it out to every company I could in the city.

Thankfully, an awesome company replied - he was interviewed and offered a job within 3 days! They did the LMO paperwork and I applied for the new work permit - we received it 2 weeks after we expired - WE GOT TO STAY!

Since then, life has continued to be a rollercoaster - our son had a bad year at school, simply put, he had a brutal year with a hard teacher who is in the wrong vocation - so I ended up volunteering alot in school to support him. I then ended up applying to work with the school board and have been working now for a great school for the last 6months. He now has a new teacher and is back to loving school

Hubby is in his 2nd year with his new employer - they are great. He works longer hours, but they are an honest and good company to work for.

In the meantime, Christmas delivered the best mail ever; we got our medicals request for our PR.

So, it looks like we are here to stay (well, almost!). Canada, you are a beautiful country and we feel eternally lucky to live here.

To the BE forum peeps - thank you. For helping me to maintain my sanity and keeping my hope alive. Your endless willingness to help and give advice has been a great support, not one that is taken for granted.

To those who are considering an international move or are in early or difficult times - do it! Its the hardest thing you'll ever do, sometimes testing your resolve to its limit, but if I had my time again - I'd do it.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 12:43 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello old friend

Glad it got sorted, what a rollercoaster it can be eh!
Old Mar 6th 2012, 2:33 am
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, great post! Well done you on staying positive and determined, it's sometimes really hard to do when the chips are down.

Congrats on your medical requests and hope things go smoothly from now on
Old Mar 6th 2012, 3:57 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Fab post, well done for turning things around!
Old Mar 6th 2012, 9:24 am
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowcandy
Wow, great post! Well done you on staying positive and determined, it's sometimes really hard to do when the chips are down.

Thank you so much - you're so kind x
Old Mar 6th 2012, 9:26 am
Eager Beaver!

Originally Posted by iaink
Glad it got sorted, what a rollercoaster it can be eh!
Sure is! Someone said to me a long time ago that you are measured in life not by how you handle the good things, but how you handle the bad - I feel much stronger for my experiences that's for sure! All the best to you and yours x
Old Mar 6th 2012, 9:27 am
Eager Beaver!

Originally Posted by snowcandy

Thanks for your kind reply - watch this space, hopefully the PR should be with us by summer - fingers crossed! x
Old Mar 6th 2012, 10:47 am

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, you've certainly had a bumpy ride! So glad to hear things seem to be going more smoothly now and that your PRs appear to be on the horizon too!

All the best!
Old Mar 6th 2012, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant post, so glad it all worked out for you, surviving the bumpy ride along the way.
Good luck on your PR also.

MJ
Old Mar 6th 2012, 6:55 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it all worked out x
Old Mar 6th 2012, 11:05 pm
Eager Beaver!

Originally Posted by TheThornes
Wow, you've certainly had a bumpy ride! So glad to hear things seem to be going more smoothly now and that your PRs appear to be on the horizon too!

All the best!
Thanks so much anything worth doing is hard work my old mum said! Its all in remaining positive despite everything moving against you - thanks again and good luck to you and yours x
Old Mar 6th 2012, 11:06 pm
Eager Beaver!

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette
Brilliant post, so glad it all worked out for you, surviving the bumpy ride along the way.
Good luck on your PR also.

MJ
Thank you - good luck to you too, I see you have passport requests! Fab! Hope life is wonderful and settled for you
Old Mar 10th 2012, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

mrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to all

Well done you guys.

It really is the hardest thing in the world to do, but so rewarding if you can get through those tough times - and there are many of those to face along the way, that's for sure!

We will be keeping our fingers crossed for that all important PR card for you both

So great to hear that things are all coming together for you all...x
Old Mar 10th 2012, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by umpalumpa
Thank you - good luck to you too, I see you have passport requests! Fab! Hope life is wonderful and settled for you
Thank you, so far so good
I hope things continue to go smoothly for you.

Last edited by Mad Jockette; Mar 10th 2012 at 7:03 am.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 4:46 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

So glad it all worked out for you! But it did make me smile to see that it was YOU that updated his cv and applied to every job in the city. Reverberations here ..... What would our men do without us eh?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.