Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

First big milestone....10 years in Canada

First big milestone....10 years in Canada

Old Jul 22nd 2019, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First big milestone....10 years in Canada

Originally Posted by zdenka
Congratulations! I am so glad you are enjoying what this place has to offer and yet being honest about the stuff you miss back home. I wish you many good years ahead.

Thankyou so much....I dont think we would be human if we didnt miss certain things form the UK.....but its a big set of scales really, you have to see what gives you the bigger bang for your buck so to speak!
Old Jul 22nd 2019, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First big milestone....10 years in Canada

Originally Posted by scilly
Congratulations on 10 years.

I love spring AND fall here in Metro ............

in Spring, the pale green willow leaves just emerging, cherry trees in full flower on almost every street in most parts of Vancouver, the maple trees along the street where I live, the Horsechestnut trees across the street just leafing out

In Fall, the varying colours of the trees, not as vibrant bright reds and oranges found on the east coast, but more subtle yellows, oranges and pale reds, or the dark red of some Japanese Maples, of the yellow of Gingko tree appearing after most other trees have lost their leaves. The conkers falling from the Horsechestnut trees ............. kids don't seem to play conkers, but many people collect them, polish them up and use as decorations.
Thanks Scilly....I whole heartedly agree that I think the seasons are so much more enjoyable here....its so much more diverse, and provides so much more outdoor activites and enjoyment! all year round!