Citizenship

Old May 6th 2015, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Well... At least we all know who Louis Hippolyte de la Fontaine was/is .

having Googled .......... I now know that we should all know who he was

I shall have to ask my Canadian-born and -educated daughter if she can remember
Old May 6th 2015, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, it was interesting reading the first part of the wikipedia entry on him ...........

our very first visit to Canada was in 1967 to go to Expo 67 in Montreal ........ and we stayed in a new B&B cum private hotel place in Boucherville!

It just seemed like a very blue collar type of place, where people were outside cutting their grass with scissors at midnight
Old May 6th 2015, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
having Googled .......... I now know that we should all know who he was

I shall have to ask my Canadian-born and -educated daughter if she can remember
Mine said: "tunnel? Right?" ...

Originally Posted by scilly
Actually, it was interesting reading the first part of the wikipedia entry on him ...........

our very first visit to Canada was in 1967 to go to Expo 67 in Montreal ........ and we stayed in a new B&B cum private hotel place in Boucherville!

It just seemed like a very blue collar type of place, where people were outside cutting their grass with scissors at midnight
You probably know that Boucherville has gone a bit "whiter-collar" ... Although it still looks like people cut the grass at midnight with scissors ... ...
Old May 7th 2015, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Mine said: "tunnel? Right?" ...

You probably know that Boucherville has gone a bit "whiter-collar" ... Although it still looks like people cut the grass at midnight with scissors ... ...

Wikipedia says
"the first Canadian to become Prime Minister of the United Province of Canada and the first head of a responsible government in Canada."

and a Bridge-Tunnel

No, I didn't know Boucherville had gone a bit more "up-market"

We've been back to Montreal several times since, including last summer, but haven't gone to look at Boucherville again. Too much to see and enjoy in Montreal.

In addition to longer stays in Montreal, we take the train from Vancouver to Halifax, both ways if possible, at least every other Christmas. Since VIA re-did their timetable with cut backs in service, we have to stay overnight in either Toronto or Montreal. Not much thought needed there

We get a night and a day in Montreal each way ....... and usually score a deal to stay at the QE
Old May 7th 2015, 4:07 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

I'm mildly bothered about the citizenship exam. Thinking of doing it in French. Having had a quick glance at some "mock" tests, it appears to be quite different, depending on language. Speaking of which ... (Off to dig out ancient education certificates)
As I've only taken the test once, this is only an opinion and may be completely off the mark....

But.....

To me the test was very closely linked to what was in the book provided, and if you read it all the answers were clear and easy

It seems much closer to a reading comprehension test based on the book rather than Canadian knowledge

one might go so far as to suggest its a language test in disguise..?
Old May 7th 2015, 6:29 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK
As I've only taken the test once, this is only an opinion and may be completely off the mark....

But.....

To me the test was very closely linked to what was in the book provided, and if you read it all the answers were clear and easy

It seems much closer to a reading comprehension test based on the book rather than Canadian knowledge

Some of the questions had me thinking the same. Especially the one we're an answer was something like "being Canadian means I have the freedom to beat my wife" or something similar. Lol
Old May 7th 2015, 6:49 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Some of the questions had me thinking the same. Especially the one we're an answer was something like "being Canadian means I have the freedom to beat my wife" or something similar. Lol
"where" ........oh the irony.
Old May 9th 2015, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=MikeUK;11639634]
To me the test was very closely linked to what was in the book provided, and if you read it all the answers were clear and easy...

Bbbbut. That takes away so much of the "fun"...

Old May 10th 2015, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

John and Kerina is an unknown quantity at this point

We have sent in for the PR renewal card and we have also sent in our Citizenship forms. My PR renewal card came back after 3month wait....just collected the new card last Friday....yippee....mind you our first attempt on collating all the bloody information for Canadian citizenship forms and they sent it back as we did not demonstrate we could read and write English.....muppets......of course once you reach the age of 55years old you no longer have to show you understand English....I suppose they think you just stop talking.....lol