Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

Burton Bunch Make No 2 Canniversary

Burton Bunch Make No 2 Canniversary

Old Aug 5th 2009, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Burton Bunch Make No 2 Canniversary

Yes it's true the BB's have now all made it to 2 years in Canada - without being thrown out

I can't believe that is 2 years since I arrived at Calgary airport with my son and 50kg overweight of luggage to meet my daughter who had been here 2 months without me and my darling hubby who had been here for 6 months without me. After a grand welcome through the glass panes separating arrival and departure lounges from the Gibbos - I finally felt I had made it HOME.

Any of you who remember my first canniversary post will remember that although we settled without any problems and life was dandy I did warn people of the ups and downs.

I have faced all different problems in all of my time here and you know sh!t happens which ever country you live in but it is much more pleasant to deal with when you are looking at this beautiful city that I live in.

Following another visit from my parents as soon as our PR is sorted then we will be starting the sponsorship of my parents to come and live out here and although they have driven me mad for the last two months it will be nice to have them living in the same city once again

The kids are now both teenagers and are growing more and more into the people they are to become and more canadian every day and looking at what most of the kids are up to in the UK around where we used to live I am glad that they are part of this country and not the old area.

Hubby is more than settled in his job here as an accountant and is a different person to the one I was married to in the UK - in the best possible way.

Me well I am the same old mad me that I will always be but as they say am "lovin' it".

Have made a tonne of friends both english, canadian and as I now like to call them "BritishCanadians" and although we dont have a busy social life it is enough for us

The bad things which happen to us are still as hard to cope with as they would have been in the UK (your friend being murdered would have still beenhard to cope with if I was in the UK) but I think that you learn to deal with them totally differently as you know you cant just get in the car and go round to see someone.

I have seen one of my best mates go back on her own with the kids to the UK (a terrible personal loss for me) hard to cope with but now that she is settled I know that it was best for her.

This life can be lonely sometimes but you have to become a very strong personand learn to cope with it all.

All in all I really do feel that I has missed out on numerous years in Canada and only wish we had done it sooner.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

debbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nice
Default Re: Burton Bunch Make No 2 Canniversary

Well done on making it to two years,heres to many more.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbyathome
Thanks Debs - haven't seen you around for so long hope you and yours are ok x
Old Aug 5th 2009, 4:38 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbyathome
Happy Canniversary Gaynor ... good to hear you're still enjoying it
despite the ups & downs
Old Aug 5th 2009, 5:17 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Happy 2nd Canniversary Gaynor and the gang

Glad to hear that you are happy with life and have established a new group of friends
Old Aug 5th 2009, 6:51 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

DAMN............you made me sign back in

Well done friend (i would say "mate"...but it would get me in trouble )
Been through some tough times, but i am so glad you are here and we are good friends, even though we have had our moments i know that you have been true with me............

These last few weeks i have needed a shoulder and both you and your mum have been stars with both me and my mum, i also know that your mum will be the rock for my mum over the coming weeks, your mum is one very special lady.......
You have so much to be very proud of, not just with the family but you personally have achieved so much
Here is to more yrs in our lovely city

LB and family xxx
Old Aug 5th 2009, 7:10 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Canniversary Gaynor.

Heres to many more
Old Aug 5th 2009, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond repute

I signed in this evening especially to say congratulations and well done to you and your family as I know it's your Canniversary today.

Gaynor, you always broached the idea of immigration with absoloute determination and vigour, and for that I have always admired you. You are right that it's a lonely route, and without you through the breakup with the ex, the breast cancer scare and the issues with the witches of Lethbridge, I would have found life much more difficult to cope with........and for that I'll always be grateful. I know what you mean about immigration making you stronger and wiser, I think it's also made you more content in your family and aware of just what you have achieved, and that's no bad thing. Stopping to smell the roses gives us the opportunity to take a breath and consider how lucky we are...........

Keep being true to yourself lady, thank you for being you and I wish you many more years in your lovely city. Amazing how we all find peace in different locations, and most importantly through making different decisions about life sometimes we stop running, and location no longer is the issue. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that you are someone, who, wherever I am in life, will always just be phone call away and someone who will always make me smile when I think of them. I'm truly glad you have found your happy place, in so many more ways than just geography, the Burton Bunch are definitely a true success story.

All the very best always my friend,
Michelle, Jack and Lily xxx
Old Aug 5th 2009, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Many congrats to you Gaynor, and all your family. Well done !!

Glad to hear everything has worked out so well for you.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:14 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww Gaynor, what great friends you have in M Miggins and Lancashirebird. You are some lady
Old Aug 6th 2009, 3:17 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Canniversary BB.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 4:08 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Canniversary BB a great sucess story.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on reaching the two year mark...you sound set for many more happy years here.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks from everyone so far.

My two very special friends.........

LB - my flowers are beautiful thank you so much

Miggs - I miss you everyday and you are so right am only on the other end of a phone line
Old Aug 6th 2009, 10:02 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Gaynor, lovely to see you have made some really special friends, best wishes for the future years in Canada

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.