Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

Aug 25th and that's two years for us!

Aug 25th and that's two years for us!

Old Sep 7th 2013, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aug 25th and that's two years for us!

Originally Posted by Kaye5
What's naff about Timberlea?

I haven't been there and it's probably just past the edge of where we're looking, but worth knowing what's "wrong" with it in case I find a dream home there!
Good choice of work huh? Well it's run down in places, lots of very closely built semis and it just seems messy and lacking in character... It's an easy commute though which is always good...
Old Sep 7th 2013, 9:28 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

What's naff about Timberlea?
What an odd combination
Old Sep 7th 2013, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Ha ha - I googled too. Doesn't seem all that bad.... although maybe everything seems ok to me from where I hail from.

Though I did think the meat ad said "Stripjoint".
Old Sep 7th 2013, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha - I googled too. Doesn't seem all that bad.... although maybe everything seems ok to me from where I hail from.

Though I did think the meat ad said "Stripjoint".
So it's that kind of meat? lol Don't get me wrong, Timberlea isn't that bad, I can just think of some much nicer places to live around Halifax
Old Sep 8th 2013, 1:01 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Yes, most bizzare
Old Sep 8th 2013, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DandNHill
So it's that kind of meat? lol
OK, that's enough! I'll go no further than Upper Tantallon.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

OK, that's enough! I'll go no further than Upper Tantallon.
Lol...
Old Sep 9th 2013, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Lol...

Now... back to serious stuff. I tested the commuter service from Upper Tantallon today.

Very easy (though takes a long time from Bridgewater - would be much easier from Chester or closer in).

Last bus (until about lunchtime) goes 08.05. $100 a month, 40 min journey time but it was 10 mins late in today due to some diversion.

Coming back, the guy rocketed it in 25 mins - this was the 13.45 service (runs until 19.40). Glad I wasn't waiting at Sheldrake as he left 15 mins early and then bombed it to Upper Tantallon.

So.... an option if you wanted to stay on the south shore and work in Halifax.

Or just drive the whole way if you can park! The 103 was a straight run, no traffic at all until hit Halifax (which was expected).

Will be testing again another day - as I have a 2nd interview coming up!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Now... back to serious stuff. I tested the commuter service from Upper Tantallon today.

Very easy (though takes a long time from Bridgewater - would be much easier from Chester or closer in).

Last bus (until about lunchtime) goes 08.05. $100 a month, 40 min journey time but it was 10 mins late in today due to some diversion.

Coming back, the guy rocketed it in 25 mins - this was the 13.45 service (runs until 19.40). Glad I wasn't waiting at Sheldrake as he left 15 mins early and then bombed it to Upper Tantallon.

So.... an option if you wanted to stay on the south shore and work in Halifax.

Or just drive the whole way if you can park! The 103 was a straight run, no traffic at all until hit Halifax (which was expected).

Will be testing again another day - as I have a 2nd interview coming up!
Congrats on the interviews...hope they turn in to offers!!!

Hmm, I know for sure I don't want to live in downtown Halifax...It will depend on where we get work I think. Hubby might be at the airport and I think I will be downtown which means probably the Sackville area...but we will have to see.

Our best friends from the UK are due to move over next summer. We have this rose tinted vision of buying two houses next door to each other but then again that might be a bit close for comfort!
Old Sep 11th 2013, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Congrats on the interviews...hope they turn in to offers!!!

Hmm, I know for sure I don't want to live in downtown Halifax...It will depend on where we get work I think. Hubby might be at the airport and I think I will be downtown which means probably the Sackville area...but we will have to see.

Our best friends from the UK are due to move over next summer. We have this rose tinted vision of buying two houses next door to each other but then again that might be a bit close for comfort!
Thanks - yes me too.

Ha ha, yes I wouldn't want to live next door to friends. They wouldn't be friends for long if we all started annoying each other. Stick with close by.