Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

After 2 years of dithering-finally made to toronto

After 2 years of dithering-finally made to toronto

Old Jul 19th 2011, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Maria_747 will become famous soon enoughMaria_747 will become famous soon enough
Default After 2 years of dithering-finally made to toronto

Hi everyone,

I have been umming and aahhing about to go or not to go for the last few years. Finally I got my act together. I have finally arrived in Toronto on 16th July saturday with my mother.
The Canadian relatives are really making us feel welcome. I am abit scared how I will adjust. The weather is lovely. We are missing London though and all our friends who didn't want us to leave. I can't help it. Will keep you updated.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Mhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: After 2 years of dithering-finally made to toronto

Originally Posted by Maria_747
Hi everyone,

I have been umming and aahhing about to go or not to go for the last few years. Finally I got my act together. I have finally arrived in Toronto on 16th July saturday with my mother.
The Canadian relatives are really making us feel welcome. I am abit scared how I will adjust. The weather is lovely. We are missing London though and all our friends who didn't want us to leave. I can't help it. Will keep you updated.
Good luck, hope all goes well.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 4:26 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

We are missing London though and all our friends who didn't want us to leave. I can't help it. Will keep you updated.
see you back in England next year
Old Jul 21st 2011, 7:55 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the heatwave!
Old Jul 25th 2011, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Maria_747 will become famous soon enoughMaria_747 will become famous soon enough

Many thanks for all your good wishes everyone.
@ Cheeky monkey, my mum keeps threatening to go back in a couple of weeks. I am putting lorezopam in her tea in the evening.

Gosh, its been boiling. I couldn't go out without a hat and sunglasses.
geeting used to the air conditioning abit.
I notice, alot of people love Costco over here.

I am sorting about my accomodation which is challenging, my mum won't live beyond 3rd floor in an apartment building! Also, I am taking driving lessons to familiarise myself with the roads etc.

BTW, is future shop equivalent to Dixons ? Need to buy a tv, Costco do better guarantees ai heard.

see you later
Old Jul 26th 2011, 7:19 pm
don't fail to research

No1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of light

I found Costco really good for buying but unless you have an American Express card you have to pay cash and it can add up all the initial expenses to furnish your apartment. They have a good guarantee system though. Like anything you just need to price about and see what offers are there.

Good luck in Toronto,
Old Jul 26th 2011, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by No1_mom
I found Costco really good for buying but unless you have an American Express card you have to pay cash and it can add up all the initial expenses to furnish your apartment. They have a good guarantee system though. Like anything you just need to price about and see what offers are there.

Good luck in Toronto,
Future shop or the Source and hagle & barter I got a realy good deal by doing that $4500 worth of TV, Blue Ray and 5 speaker Yamaha sound system, with extended warrenty and instalation for $2500. Ok the guy screwed up big time then tried to back out of the deal at which point my voice volume went up a lot and threatened to call the press asap. But a good hagle and barter never hurt a high price.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 7:41 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
at which point my voice volume went up a lot and threatened to call the press asap.
Bet the Globe and Mail would have flocked down there (then flocked off again), front page news

Perhaps you were lucky they did not call the cops.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Bet the Globe and Mail would have flocked down there (then flocked off again), front page news

Perhaps you were lucky they did not call the cops.
Duaghter in law is a news anchor, so kinda have an in with the press
Old Jul 26th 2011, 7:53 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Duaghter in law is a news anchor, so kinda have an in with the press
Bet she would have been real impressed to have her father in law on the news for abusive behaviour in a store.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Bet she would have been real impressed to have her father in law on the news for abusive behaviour in a store.
Abusive !!!! I just got louder ie. so every one in the shop could here that they were trying to welch on the deal not abusive just upped the decibles