9 Years Yesterday

Old Jun 3rd 2014, 2:49 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default 9 Years Yesterday

So what does the future hold?

On our 9th Anniversary we were actually in the UK, arrived home today. This last visit has been very different from the others, in the respect that no one had just died or was dying, it was fairly liberating being able to do as we pleased and we did. Part of the reason for the trip was to see if England was the future.

We would both be OK to returning if that was what the other needed to be happy, but Canada is home for us now. We are planning a trip to Ontario in the fall and for the next few years we will look hard to see where our next move will take us, we're looking to move from Alberta by 2020.

I personally feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. We went all over the UK from Dover to Newcastle and the Lakes and back down with stops in between and the UK is stunning, we're looking forward to more holibobs in the future

I feel happier and more positive than I have in a long while, this last trip was desperately needed, so glad we did it, you'll be seeing even less of me now as I'm going to start doing a online course and prepping our house and garden ready for our future move
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 9 Years Yesterday

Congrats on 9 yrs (wow!).

Sometimes those visits home do clarify a few things.

Enjoy the Alberta skies while you're here, and the freaky weather it dumps, then look forward to the next big adventure.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 3:33 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

You're right Ann, it was important for us to go without the emotions of loss embedded in the trip, I've woken up thismorni g to the sounds of birdsong and hubs telling me about the fox in the garden, ive taken the dogs for a walk in the sunshine and for the 1st time in a long time - since a previous poster I met up with put some serious doubts in my mind (keep away from the negative nellies people) I feel content.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 6:30 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Gracious, we've got Ann m happy at 7 years, and you, by the sounds of it, utterly splendid at 9! What's a girl go to do....by the sounds of it, wait for a bit more water under the bridge!

You sound great Piff Poff, really on the up and up. How very exciting. May you and your husband continue to go great guns, and let us know how it's going.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by MillieF
Gracious, we've got Ann m happy at 7 years, and you, by the sounds of it, utterly splendid at 9! What's a girl go to do....by the sounds of it, wait for a bit more water under the bridge!

You sound great Piff Poff, really on the up and up. How very exciting. May you and your husband continue to go great guns, and let us know how it's going.
Thanks Millie. It all got really unsettling for a while there and things are in no way perfect but that uneasy what if has gone, hopefully for good. The biggest thing we learnt was thst it's ok to go back and enjoy the things we used to.

One thing OH said was, As much as I love Santapod, it's too expensive, too crowded and too slow (health and safety). 35 pounds each compared tobthe 10 or 12 bucks we pay here
Old Jun 8th 2014, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your 9 year canniverary
Old Jun 8th 2014, 4:35 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
So what does the future hold?

On our 9th Anniversary we were actually in the UK, arrived home today. This last visit has been very different from the others, in the respect that no one had just died or was dying, it was fairly liberating being able to do as we pleased and we did. Part of the reason for the trip was to see if England was the future.

We would both be OK to returning if that was what the other needed to be happy, but Canada is home for us now. We are planning a trip to Ontario in the fall and for the next few years we will look hard to see where our next move will take us, we're looking to move from Alberta by 2020.

I personally feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. We went all over the UK from Dover to Newcastle and the Lakes and back down with stops in between and the UK is stunning, we're looking forward to more holibobs in the future

I feel happier and more positive than I have in a long while, this last trip was desperately needed, so glad we did it, you'll be seeing even less of me now as I'm going to start doing a online course and prepping our house and garden ready for our future move
Congratulations!

I'm glad you feel more settled - sometimes it takes a visit back (under normal circumstances) to help you realise where you really want to be.

If you are coming to Toronto way on your soiree let us know so we can arrange a gathering of the BE'ers.