British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canniversary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/)
-   -   9 year Canniversary.... Heading home :-) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/9-year-canniversary-heading-home-835021/)

Tuppence May 28th 2014 2:14 am

9 year Canniversary.... Heading home :-)

Hello all,
Long time, no see. Just hit the 9 year mark, but heading home as soon as the house has sold.
Life's great here, but not enough family time (lack of vacation and the bloody Gardiner commute), and missing family and friends back in the UK. I think this winter did us in, and now decision made, no looking back.

6 year old Canadian daughter is busy practicing her fake English accent. Let's see how that goes :-)

Tuppence

ann m May 28th 2014 4:32 am

Re: 9 year Canniversary.... Heading home :-)

I hear you re this winter! Best wishes for the move, I hope it goes well and you settle again quickly. :)

dbd33 May 28th 2014 12:03 pm

Best of luck to you.

Each time I've had to go to the office in the past couple of years and so got stuck on the Gardiner I've wondered if one of you had killed anyone yet.

Zoe Bell May 28th 2014 12:15 pm

I can certainly understand those reasons.
The Gardiner is insane at the moment and no end in sight.

We are feeling the effects and we don't even drive.

Don't feel that you can't stick around the boards though

Best of luck !

Jingsamichty May 28th 2014 12:20 pm

Good luck, you'll have a great time at home, and your daughter will love it. Where in the UK are you headed?

Novocastrian May 28th 2014 2:21 pm

Good to hear from you after all this time. All the best for the return and the future.

Oink May 28th 2014 2:37 pm

Good for you. :thumbup:

rivingtonpike May 28th 2014 3:26 pm

Good for you. Best of luck with the move. You'll be able to watch normal telly without a bloody computer sat in front of you. REAL CHEESE at an affordable price! Where are you headed?

JamesM May 28th 2014 4:29 pm

Yes congratulations and good luck.

As long as the people of the GTA continue to elect Rob Ford's and balk at ambitious transit projects this city will continue to get worse.

The winter also opened my eyes a little. May not be too far behind you.

Dashie May 28th 2014 5:09 pm

Add us to that list too. The 9 year one, and the likely headed back one too. Same reasons, plus a few more. Mother in law isn't doing as well as she was, it'll be difficult for her to get travel insurance due to some new health issues and hubby is an only child.

Atlantic Xpat May 28th 2014 6:40 pm

I was just wondering where you'd gone and lamenting your absence last week. And now you're up and leaving!

Good to hear from you and best of luck for the move back to Blighty. Will PM.

AX

Tuppence May 29th 2014 1:58 am

Thanks all. Heading to Hampshire, probably Fleet.

It's hubby who might kick off the Gardiner massacre! Down to two lanes with construction, plus a conked out truck reducing it to one = 2.5 hour commute. I happily sped by on the express Go from Clarkson = 22 mins :o

I will try and catch up on here. Been busy working hard, but I've missed all the drama ;-)

Novocastrian May 29th 2014 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Tuppence (Post 11279880)
Thanks all. Heading to Hampshire, probably Fleet.

It's hubby who might kick off the Gardiner massacre! Down to two lanes with construction, plus a conked out truck reducing it to one = 2.5 hour commute. I happily sped by on the express Go from Clarkson = 22 mins :o

I will try and catch up on here. Been busy working hard, but I've missed all the drama ;-)

Drama? On here? I don't think so. I hope for S. that Fleet has a lot of Porsches.

MikeUK May 29th 2014 11:52 am

Welcome home...

bats May 29th 2014 3:06 pm

Welcome back to BE and good luck with the move home.