8 years in the GTA

Old Jul 30th 2015, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

gary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 8 years in the GTA

well like most of you guys I have had a lot of ups and downs.

Came across in August 2007 with a wife and twin boys aged 10 , no job , and the houseing market had just crashed so came across with 60K less than we had budgeted on.

I was working within 2 weeks as GL in a plant making shock absorbers for tanks , just general labour , My son Thomas cried him self to sleep most night for the first 6 month as he was so home sick . My wife was a teacher back in the uk but only got a job as a nursery nurse in a private day care long hours and bad pay.

I applied for a job in a bakery ( in the uk i was an operations manager for dairy crest) just as an operater , after the secound interview they said you are too quailfied sorry , then phoned me back 2 hours later and offered me the plant supervisors job (first break), so i stayed there 4 years life was hard but good . My wife managed to get a teaching assistant job for peel and we bought a house, both boys loved living in canada all good ..all good

then I got home one day and found my wife sitting there all she said was " i dont love you any more, i have fallen in love with sombody else , i want a divoice" yeah 4 years in i was broken. she had no money to buy me out of the house and i wanted to take my share i would of had to get her to sell the house, the house was the stabilty my children needed , so i gave her the house signed over the lot ,and walked away with nothing(looking back i still think it was the right choice for my children) a rough rough 2 years basement apartmenst changed jobs twice both times a mistake .

fast forward to year eight , i am remarried to a wonder stunning and really is my soul mate of a wife , back in a house we own, have a much better job in a dairy where i belong, whatch my kids graduate with honours from school. all good

Canada..yeah there have been nights i have cried my self to sleep , a night even where i have looked at an over past and was thinking " life is too hard to go on"

what i am saying is , keep fighting , keep pushing forward , and it will be ok , Canada is a wonderfull place full of wonderfull people.

Gary
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of
Smile Re: 8 years in the GTA

Originally Posted by gary123

Came across in August 2007 with a wife and twin boys aged 10 , no job , and the houseing market had just crashed so came across with 60K less than we had budgeted on.

I was working within 2 weeks as GL in a plant making shock absorbers for tanks , just general labour , My son Thomas cried him self to sleep most night for the first 6 month as he was so home sick . My wife was a teacher back in the uk but only got a job as a nursery nurse in a private day care long hours and bad pay.

I applied for a job in a bakery ( in the uk i was an operations manager for dairy crest) just as an operater , after the secound interview they said you are too quailfied sorry , then phoned me back 2 hours later and offered me the plant supervisors job (first break), so i stayed there 4 years life was hard but good . My wife managed to get a teaching assistant job for peel and we bought a house, both boys loved living in canada all good ..all good

then I got home one day and found my wife sitting there all she said was " i dont love you any more, i have fallen in love with sombody else , i want a divoice" yeah 4 years in i was broken. she had no money to buy me out of the house and i wanted to take my share i would of had to get her to sell the house, the house was the stabilty my children needed , so i gave her the house signed over the lot ,and walked away with nothing(looking back i still think it was the right choice for my children) a rough rough 2 years basement apartmenst changed jobs twice both times a mistake .

fast forward to year eight , i am remarried to a wonder stunning and really is my soul mate of a wife , back in a house we own, have a much better job in a dairy where i belong, whatch my kids graduate with honours from school. all good

Canada..yeah there have been nights i have cried my self to sleep , a night even where i have looked at an over past and was thinking " life is too hard to go on"

what i am saying is , keep fighting , keep pushing forward , and it will be ok , Canada is a wonderfull place full of wonderfull people.

Gary
Congratulations on making it in one piece Gary, sounds like it's been a rough road. Hope the next 8 years are easier for you!
Old Aug 4th 2015, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 8 years in the GTA

Originally Posted by gary123

Gary

That is quite the 8 years! Well done for hanging in there, and for being grown up enough to put your own needs aside and recognise what was best for your children. I wish you every happiness in the future, hope its a smoother road!
Old Aug 4th 2015, 10:21 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's a ride and a half. I am so pleased that it's worked out so well for you now.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

You have my utmost admiration! Well done on sticking it out and going through more lows than anyone could even imagine in a lifetime let alone 8 years.

Amazing sacrifice you did for your kids.....i dont know many people that would do that given those circumstances...why should they, but all the power to you for doing that. Wow.

You deserve every bit of happiness that you now have, and i hope it continues that way for you, and you enjoy every little thing Canada has to offer. Its richly deserved.

Paul
Old Aug 8th 2015, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

ookie123 is a jewel in the roughookie123 is a jewel in the roughookie123 is a jewel in the roughookie123 is a jewel in the rough

+1 to Paul Shepherds post
Old Aug 10th 2015, 4:49 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Another +1 to Paul Shepherds post!

Old Aug 11th 2015, 8:49 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

well done to the OP & many more like them that have had to make the tough go of immigrant life in Canada. Its not all 'green grass'