British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canniversary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/)
-   -   8 years and (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/8-years-864550/)

Tangram Sep 2nd 2015 12:37 pm

8 years and

still here.

Technically 8 years was in April for me and this month for the rest of the family.

Maybe looking at a different part of the country in a few years as retirement looms into view but that all depends on factors, we shall see.

BristolUK Sep 4th 2015 6:59 pm

Re: 8 years and

Kelowna is the new place to be ;)

Tinpusher63 Sep 6th 2015 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 11740776)

Not for Albertans, they hate us with a passion. ;)

It would definitely not be on my list of places to live, nowhere in the Okanagan Valley would be.

To each his own though. :)

Tinpusher63 Sep 6th 2015 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Tangram (Post 11738776)
still here.

Technically 8 years was in April for me and this month for the rest of the family.

Maybe looking at a different part of the country in a few years as retirement looms into view but that all depends on factors, we shall see.

Congrats Paul and family.

Cheers
Steve

Stinkypup Sep 7th 2015 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Tinpusher63 (Post 11742149)
Not for Albertans, they hate us with a passion. ;)

It would definitely not be on my list of places to live, nowhere in the Okanagan Valley would be.

To each his own though. :)

Hmmm I beg to differ Steve, but I would say that;) We don't hate Albertans per se- it is the God-almighty appalling driving that pi$$es us off -Not just in the Okanagan. We drove back from the coast today and without exception, if there was some dumbass driving it was done by a driver with red AB plates on their vehicles. If it wasn't so tragic they would be the clowns of the highways. Hopefully expats have retained some sanity and at least a smidge of good road sense!:lol:

ann m Sep 7th 2015 3:16 pm

Best wishes P. Same timing as our family really. Same thoughts as we look out to next 10 years. Who knows? Happy here for now. 😀

scrubbedexpat091 Sep 8th 2015 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Stinkypup (Post 11742216)
Hmmm I beg to differ Steve, but I would say that;) We don't hate Albertans per se- it is the God-almighty appalling driving that pi$$es us off -Not just in the Okanagan. We drove back from the coast today and without exception, if there was some dumbass driving it was done by a driver with red AB plates on their vehicles. If it wasn't so tragic they would be the clowns of the highways. Hopefully expats have retained some sanity and at least a smidge of good road sense!:lol:

Same around here, and it's usually a large truck....;)

Tangram Sep 10th 2015 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Tinpusher63 (Post 11742151)
Congrats Paul and family.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks Steve, hope you are well

Mikeypm Sep 13th 2015 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Tangram (Post 11738776)
still here.

Congrats :)

Tuppence Sep 15th 2015 2:35 am

Congrats Paul!

el_richo Sep 15th 2015 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 11740776)

It's where drug dealers go to die :thumbsup:

el_richo Sep 15th 2015 9:35 pm

Congrats on the 8 years by the way.

Still sane?

Tangram Sep 21st 2015 11:47 am

Just about mate

Piff Poff Sep 21st 2015 8:02 pm

Congratulations

Shard Sep 26th 2015 7:37 am

Well done and Congrats! And in the Maritimes...that's equivalent to 16 years elsewhere in Canada. :)