Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

7 years today, I think

7 years today, I think

Old Aug 15th 2013, 4:37 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default 7 years today, I think

Give or take a day.

It's alright here. Took a while to get used to it. Made some friends, got involved in local stuff, last month my other half managed to get a full time job in his trade.

Of course roller coasters have been involved in fulfilling our dream, but we did it together as a family of two and the cat. The cat has settled in well, she particularly enjoys a chipmunk snack which of course she couldn't have got in England. We're happy she has a better life here and we got her a couple of Canadian kitty playmates, though mostly all she does is hiss at them.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 7:45 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7 years today, I think

Originally Posted by bats
Give or take a day.

It's alright here. Took a while to get used to it. Made some friends, got involved in local stuff, last month my other half managed to get a full time job in his trade.

Of course roller coasters have been involved in fulfilling our dream, but we did it together as a family of two and the cat. The cat has settled in well, she particularly enjoys a chipmunk snack which of course she couldn't have got in England. We're happy she has a better life here and we got her a couple of Canadian kitty playmates, though mostly all she does is hiss at them.
Sounds like your living the dream , have you assimilated yet?
Old Aug 15th 2013, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent update bats - delighted for other half's job status too - that's great news.

And it's a wonderful and non-selfish thing you have done for the cat - he will truly thank you in years to come. This will be in a typical cat aloof and my-back-to-you kind of way, chipmunk in mouth, with his various Canadian credentials in paw, as he wanders through the maple groves of his very excellent Canadian life. Kudos to you and your other half for making this happen.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 3:20 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I thank you for your kind comments. We have indeed assimilated. Him indoors eats his jam and toast with his bacon and eggs and I eat poutine daily. In the evening we have scalloped potatoes and grilled cheese with a side od pickle.

We're citizens now, well apart from the cat. They refused her application, inconsiderate CIC as always, something about paws and fur?
Old Aug 15th 2013, 7:32 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
I thank you for your kind comments. We have indeed assimilated. Him indoors eats his jam and toast with his bacon and eggs and I eat poutine daily. In the evening we have scalloped potatoes and grilled cheese with a side od pickle.

We're citizens now, well apart from the cat. They refused her application, inconsiderate CIC as always, something about paws and fur?
That's really outrageous as I'm sure she would have pledged her allegiance to the Queen
Old Aug 15th 2013, 11:53 pm
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
That's really outrageous as I'm sure she would have pledged her allegiance to the Queen
A cat can look at a Queen but they only pledge allegiance to their food supply. She's not above fibbing though.
Old Aug 17th 2013, 11:17 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Many congratulations bats As it happens....our cat seems happier here than all of the rest of us put together...loves the place!

May you, your husband and the mog continue to prosper!