Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

7 Years.............. Itch?

7 Years.............. Itch?

Old Feb 17th 2014, 11:25 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7 Years.............. Itch?

Originally Posted by Nelson1805
Hahaha, you're kidding?? Yeah I'm afraid I've had enough of the Granite City! Don't get me wrong its nice, but I've just had enough of the UK in general! I'll always love dear Britannia aha, but right now my Canadian blood is stirring and I just want to get out to Canada
Lived there all my life until we moved here 7 years ago. Now we all have Canadian citizenship too. I have visited Aberdeen 3 times since we moved. I am due another trip home again before the end of the year. Love going back but it's exhausting catching up with everyone
Old Feb 19th 2014, 4:31 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cookie
Well here we are, 7 years today since we made the giant leap across the pond.

Kids now 19 and 23 while I of course get younger

Seen a bit of a change this past year. Older son who lives down Halifax way finished college and is now employed in his trade (electronics). Younger son at college doing carpentry. Mr Cookie desperately needed to change job and is now working out at the oil sands way way up at the Kearl Field on a 10/10 day rotation. As for me, I had a change of job but still with the same organization. No more shifts, weekends or working holidays yayyyyy

Big decisions to be made this year though. Do we stay or move to either Calgary or Vancouver????? Oh ma heid!
Whats the harm in trying it out while you can, if you can keep your home and even go for a short term. Nice to have an adventure see some other sights, and if you like it stay and if not go back.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 8:11 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing wrong with a move to the Prairies, beautiful hot summers, no black flies, no rain. I'm not going to mention the 6 month winters
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 10:02 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Nothing wrong with a move to the Prairies, beautiful hot summers, no black flies, no rain. I'm not going to mention the 6 month winters
No black flies???!!!!!! Thats appealing in itself!
Congrats Cookie! heres to the next 7 years