Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

7 weeks and headed home :***(

7 weeks and headed home :***(

Old Feb 14th 2012, 4:11 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7 weeks and headed home :***(

Originally Posted by el_richo
That's ace. "I'll pay for your flights back and support your living arrangements once you arrive, but you can piss off if you think i'm paying for a months rent in Canada".
And if things didnt magically work out after a month or two more and the emergency flight money had been pissed away on another months rent and living expenses, what is plan B then?
Old Feb 14th 2012, 4:14 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

Got the dog back on my flight, so he is here with us. Couldn't leave him, so I made sure before we left we had the ness to get him home if need be.
The flights home were booked and paid for before we left, by some quirk of software, when I booked the flights for me and the kids out, returns were cheaper than singles so we just had to get dh on the flight and that was it.

The issue was if we stuck it out and got to march and there was still no work we'd be put there without means to get back or support ourselves.

Cheaper to use the tickets, come back here and live rent free at mums, and regroup financially.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 4:17 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
And if things didnt magically work out after a month or two more and the emergency flight money had been pissed away on another months rent and living expenses, what is plan B then?
I've read on here that a positive attitude will pay the bills and make your dreams come true
Old Feb 14th 2012, 4:20 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by __TJ__
Cheaper to use the tickets, come back here and live rent free at mums, and regroup financially.
Sounds like the best option for you. Chalk the rest up to experience. Maple Ridge hasn't changed much since you left. I was out there the other day and it's still a shit hole surrounded by the river and mountains

Let me know if you're back in town and i can introduce you to a great circle of people out that way.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 6:03 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

Lol thanks rich, we loved it there, nice house snug to the side of my mountain (as opposed to the other mountains ) I even miss save on foods! Keep getting their emails and feel like crying!
Anyway as you said, we are trying to chalk it up to experience and move on, at least for now.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:04 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Got the dog back on my flight, so he is here with us. Couldn't leave him, so I made sure before we left we had the ness to get him home if need be.
The flights home were booked and paid for before we left, by some quirk of software, when I booked the flights for me and the kids out, returns were cheaper than singles so we just had to get dh on the flight and that was it.

The issue was if we stuck it out and got to march and there was still no work we'd be put there without means to get back or support ourselves.

I meant, did the dog not have to go into quarantine for a while when he came home?
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:10 pm
finally together...

No, when we first looked into this in 2008 you had to have rabies jab and then 6 mth blood test done before you could go, so we had all the docs in place to get him back in- just had to get him worked again and his paperwork checked by a govt approved vet, then get that certificate stamped by food and animals agency.
Just a case of picking him up at gatwick thank god. No way we could afford quarrentine!
Old Feb 14th 2012, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhh, ok, that's good to know, thanks.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Lilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to all

==`

Last edited by Lilipuddlian; Feb 15th 2012 at 12:58 am. Reason: not constructive
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

No, when we first looked into this in 2008 you had to have rabies jab and then 6 mth blood test done before you could go, so we had all the docs in place to get him back in- just had to get him worked again and his paperwork checked by a govt approved vet, then get that certificate stamped by food and animals agency.
Just a case of picking him up at gatwick thank god. No way we could afford quarrentine!
All that has changed since jan 1 this year. Now all you need is rabies jabs and wait 3 weeks. Basically, you could have had the jabs day before you flew him TO canada, wait 3 weeks and bring him back in.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 1:27 am
Just Joined

andrewdaddy2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi TJ,
Im also a Crane driver looking to emergrate into Canada and I read your tread whuch has also got me a little worried have you got any advice you could pass on to me anything you would do differently.
Im glad you got your dog sorted I know I would do anything to get my dog back if the worse happened.
Thank,
Andy
Old Feb 26th 2012, 8:41 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewdaddy2
Hi TJ,
Im also a Crane driver looking to emergrate into Canada and I read your tread whuch has also got me a little worried have you got any advice you could pass on to me anything you would do differently.
Im glad you got your dog sorted I know I would do anything to get my dog back if the worse happened.
Thank,
Andy
RTE story
Old Feb 26th 2012, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

YoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that's all very fine and dandy, but those jobs are also open to unemployed Canadians and others who are already here. Plus, the economic picture is far from clear!
Old Feb 26th 2012, 9:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewdaddy2
Hi TJ,
Thank,
Andy
Also read posts by member 'Lindabey' - iirc her husband is a crane driver too, and has been struggling.

Edit: a recent thread from her that may be of use - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=745551
Old Feb 26th 2012, 10:14 am
Just Joined

andrewdaddy2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Thanks Londonuck and christmasoomps as ive said any information is all accepted with gratitude. yoshipal im only considering moving to canada as crane drivers are on the canadian governments critical list.
anyway keep all the info coming in it much appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.