British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canniversary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/)
-   -   6 Years (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/6-years-719347/)

Piff Poff Jun 2nd 2011 2:11 pm

6 Years

In the styley of Ann M's thread, I think the scores on the doors are:

OH 3 out of 10
DD 8 out of 10
Me, I suppose I'd take a 6.5 (think it would be higher if OH was a bit happier?).

Someone who knows how to work it out can do the combined family average:rofl:

Stepson arrives on Sat with girlfriend in tow for 3 weeks, day after he goes home, My Mum, stepdad, Sister, BIL, niece and nephew arrive - first time for all of them, to say I'm excited is an understatement but I'm beginning to feel guilty as we might not be here forever in the long run - who knows???

I absolutely love this time of year, but this year OH still hasn't got over the winter funk, pretty worried about him really:(

Not the most positive Canniversary in the world but hey ho:blink:

iaink Jun 2nd 2011 2:18 pm

Re: 6 Years

Maybe its the prospect of the MIL arriving shortly...:eek:

Anyway, Congrats on 6 years, and hopefully things will get better yet. Family visits are always exciting.

I will leave it to Oink to say something about it clearly being worth doing as the kid is happy:D

ann m Jun 2nd 2011 3:58 pm

All I can say is I hope everything works out great in the end :D

Have a fabulous time with family - we also have our first visit from mr m's dad and aunt in two weeks and that should be a good visit. I'm really looking forward to that.

6.5 out of 10 - if that was a Maths test, would you re-sit the exam? :sneaky: :lol:

Piff Poff Jun 2nd 2011 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by iaink (Post 9405356)
Maybe its the prospect of the MIL arriving shortly...:eek:

Anyway, Congrats on 6 years, and hopefully things will get better yet. Family visits are always exciting.

I will leave it to Oink to say something about it clearly being worth doing as the kid is happy:D

He's actually more worried about his son coming for three weeks, he's worried about how to keep them entertained:confused:

My Mum will be just sozzled in the corner, so no probs there;)

Originally Posted by ann m (Post 9405550)
All I can say is I hope everything works out great in the end :D

Have a fabulous time with family - we also have our first visit from mr m's dad and aunt in two weeks and that should be a good visit. I'm really looking forward to that.

6.5 out of 10 - if that was a Maths test, would you re-sit the exam? :sneaky: :lol:

NO! I wouldn't resit the maths test, I'd think I'd done quite well:rofl::eek:

cheeky_monkey Jun 2nd 2011 11:18 pm

who or what is DD?

Piff Poff Jun 3rd 2011 1:32 am

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey (Post 9406492)
who or what is DD?

Darling daughter;)

Steve_P Jun 3rd 2011 3:17 am

Congrats on 6 years in and let's hope it gets better for your OH and therefore better for you. :)

Piff Poff Jun 3rd 2011 2:18 pm

Thanks Steve.:)

Trophy Jun 3rd 2011 9:06 pm

Congrats from me and Mandy as well.

Hope Mr Poff feels happier soon.

I'm getting fed up with work at the moment, it sucks.
Surprised you didn't see me scowling yesterday morning when I drove past as you were walking the dog. Couldn't stop to say Hi as I wasn't driving.

Clematis Jun 5th 2011 2:40 am

Congrats PP, 6.5 is a definate could do better. ;)

Rhodeys May 9th 2012 5:14 am

CALL ME!!! We are here for you guys...we miss you :(

Rhodeys May 9th 2012 5:18 am

4 years on the 16th of May for us...remember what you did for us Lorraine and Steve ? You were so awesome...you even left tetley teabags for us in our new rental house...the Yellow house of doom lol.....I won't check for a reply Missy I will wait for your call!

Rhodeys May 9th 2012 5:53 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ThFCg0tBDck

Its really something to see

Piff Poff May 9th 2012 2:18 pm

You have a PM, and will get a phone call by Friday! Lots of love xx