Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

6 Year Canniversary

6 Year Canniversary

Old Nov 5th 2014, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

maxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nice
Default 6 Year Canniversary

Hi People

Well 6 years today in kamloops B.C.

Lots of ups and downs, but still here wouldn't move back, came for a better way off life, and a better start for our kids and think we may have managed it.

So boys now 18 and 20 so both graduated high school, youngest graduated a year early at just 17. while at high school met fell in love on a school exchange with a girl from Quebec, so after school packed up and moved 4,000 kms away to be with her and go to school in quebec 18 months on still very happy, fluent in french working his way through college. so canada was a great choice for him. Miss him.

Oldest son wants to be a fire fighter, but has worked since leaving school in a few different jobs, never been out of work and hopes to become a forest fire fighter next year, but he has just landed a good paying job for the winter with Arrow Transport and he is very happy. He has had 6 interviews since leaving school and has been offered all 6 jobs. they say it is the land of opportunity and it most certainly is.

Husband is a painter an decorator and has been all his life, that is how we managed to get into B.C., he now just works for himself (last 2 years) and this summer has been the busiest he has ever had in his life, 7 days a week for most of the summer, so now he is slowing up for the winter we can now take a nice long holiday Great! although we did have a week in Vegas last month as we do every year.

Me i am seamstress work at home also work for a embroidery company when they are busy so as and when, which is great suits me.

So all in all, good move, husband and son play football, me and husband play darts.

So Lifes Good.

Work is plentiful, still miss friends, family etc, only been back once 3 and half years ago, for family loss, but have big trip planned for this Xmas, with both boys and there girlfriends, should be fun.

So anyone thinking of making the move, i would say do it, we came here at 40 wish we had come earlier.

Thanks For reading

Maxine,Pat, Ciaran and Liam from Northampton now Kamloops B.C.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 Year Canniversary

Happy Canniversary...sounds like you're living the dream!
Old Nov 7th 2014, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

nizblake is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy Canniversary, love your storey thanks for sharing. its very inspiring especially for me as I plan to move their in the near future. Just goes to show you don't have to be in a top profession to make it their and be happy. best of luck for the rest of your future.
Old Nov 8th 2014, 1:15 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

What a very nice post thank you so much for sharing it. You and your husband sound as if you are doing great, but your kids sound like they are doing fantastically both in terms of every day but also making firm plans for the future...what more can any parent ask for?

Very well done, continue to be happy!