54 YEARS AGO TODAY

Old May 15th 2020, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default 54 YEARS AGO TODAY

May 15th. 1966 was a Sunday, when we boarded a Boing 707 on its maiden flight to Toronto. Our parents (now all deceased)were at Prestwick Airport to see us off. Overall it’s been a good life. We’ve had our ups and downs over the years but we’re still together which I think says something about choosing the right partner. Our children tragically pre-deceased us many years ago and that’s our only regret about coming to Canada, although no fault of the country. The country has been very good to us. We both had very good jobs and are now enjoying comfortable retirements without visits and love of our children and perhaps grandchildren. C’est La Vie.
Old May 24th 2020, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 54 YEARS AGO TODAY

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
May 15th. 1966 was a Sunday, when we boarded a Boing 707 on its maiden flight to Toronto. Our parents (now all deceased)were at Prestwick Airport to see us off. Overall it’s been a good life. We’ve had our ups and downs over the years but we’re still together which I think says something about choosing the right partner. Our children tragically pre-deceased us many years ago and that’s our only regret about coming to Canada, although no fault of the country. The country has been very good to us. We both had very good jobs and are now enjoying comfortable retirements without visits and love of our children and perhaps grandchildren. C’est La Vie.
Congratulations on the achievement! Somebody told me today when I said I’d been here 9 years that it hadn’t been long. Do you get told that when you say you’ve been here 54?

I’m really sorry to read about your children. I hope your life has been full of positives otherwise.

cheers to the next 54! Xx
Old May 24th 2020, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

54 years together and in Canada. Congratulations from this Rolling Stone !
Old May 24th 2020, 11:43 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

May 15th. 1966 was a Sunday, when we boarded a Boing 707 on its maiden flight to Toronto..
Apart from the inevitable return leg, did the Boing ever fly again?
Old May 24th 2020, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your 54th anniversary

So sorry to hear about your children, life does suck sometimes.

We'll reach our 53rd anniversary of leaving the UK in August, and our 52nd of arriving in Canada, strangely enough on the same date! We've just passed (March) our 46th anniversary of becoming Canadians.

Life in Canada has also been good to us, although our only child has lived on the opposite coast for over 20 years and so we only see them once a year on average.
Old May 24th 2020, 9:45 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

You and Mrs PC obviously have very good taste in partners I'm so glad you had each other for support and comfort when you so sadly lost your children. It's lovely to hear that you're both enjoying your well-earned retirements, wishing you many more contented and happy years together.
Old May 25th 2020, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

ColaCats is an unknown quantity at this point

What a story! Congratulations on the 54 years both in Canada and together. We came over almost 10 years ago and I'm sure it was a very different experience in the 60s!

So sorry to hear about the sadness in your lives; I hope you have found strength in each other and in other facets of your lives.
Old May 25th 2020, 10:22 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. That's a long time. You seem to have enjoyed it so congratulations to you.
Old May 27th 2020, 2:58 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds as though you both made the perfect choice for a life partner......... congratulations on your lengthy marriage and your Canniversary - 54 years is a fair old haul!

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your children, such tragedy..

I hope that the 2 of you continue to enjoy your retirement and life in Canada... take the greatest care of yourselves!
Old May 27th 2020, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It sounds as though you both made the perfect choice for a life partner......... congratulations on your lengthy marriage and your Canniversary - 54 years is a fair old haul!

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your children, such tragedy..

I hope that the 2 of you continue to enjoy your retirement and life in Canada... take the greatest care of yourselves!
thank you for your kind response.
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

1966! wow!! air travel was certainly a new thing then! on a brand new Boeing 707!

Glad to hear Canada treated you well.... but very sad to hear you children died so young.....I cant begin to imagine that, and admire you both for learning to cope with it, as best you can of course.

Sounds like you chose a good one with your partner, I agree with you whole heartedly....if your going to do it do it right and choose the right one....if not, its not worth doing.

Congratulations on your 54 years!

Old Jun 2nd 2020, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your anniversary and sticking together! very sorry to hear about your children- nothing can prepare you for that. Enjoy your retirement together- if life has taught my husband and I anything its that time spent with loved ones is more precious than any amount of money.