Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

5 years in Vancouver!!!

5 years in Vancouver!!!

Old Aug 31st 2019, 7:07 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default 5 years in Vancouver!!!

It’s that time of the year again!!

5 years since I arrived in Vancouver - 1 September 2014. It’s a special Canniversary this year as I just recently became a Canadian Citizen (it still feels strange having 2 passports). My ceremony was attended by my partner, my future MIL, SIL, future nephew and my partner’s best friend/work colleague (he’d always wanted to see a ceremony).

My mother also came out for the first time in May to visit and she loved it so much she is coming back next year. Canada was always on her to-do list and I’ve told her she has only scratched the surface.

There is always things I miss about the UK but it’s mostly friends/family, a good Indian curry and Primark!

Lastly I want to thank everyone who has helped me on this forum with my journey to becoming Canadian. I was informed about this forum back in 2013 by a Brit who I met in Vancouver whilst on vacation - if they still goes on here, they know who they are!

On to another 5 years!
Old Aug 31st 2019, 10:11 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 years in Vancouver!!!

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
On to another 5 years!

I wonder where you'll be in 5 years.

Old Aug 31st 2019, 11:26 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

I wonder where you'll be in 5 years.
Hoping I will co-own a home but then this is Vancouver we are talking about
Old Sep 1st 2019, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Well congratulations on your 5 years and your citizenship. May the coming years be good to you.
Old Sep 1st 2019, 2:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Old Sep 1st 2019, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Sep 1st 2019, 5:36 pm
Bex in the city

Thank you!
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 1:16 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You've come a long way ....... Congrats on your Canniversary!!!

Also congrats on your Citizenship... and being able to share it with your soon-to-be / future fam - brilliant..

How lovely that your Mum came out to see you too - and that she's up for another visit.. will you do a trip with her and show her other parts of Canada? (or take her to the cottage )

So glad that you have stuck around... here's to the next 5!
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the 5 years! The first few years as an immigrant in Canada, while they can be exciting, are the most challenging in my opinion. Sounds like things are going well for you though which is great.

In regards to an Indian Curry, I recommend checking out Tasty Indian Bistro - there's one on the Delta/Surrey border on Scott Road, and another downtown Vancouver. Their food is excellent.
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 5:40 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Siouxie

How lovely that your Mum came out to see you too - and that she's up for another visit.. will you do a trip with her and show her other parts of Canada? (or take her to the cottage )
I’d like to next time. Due to the fact she was a month away from a hip replacement when she visited, there was a lot we couldn’t do. I’d like to show her Victoria and maybe do a trip to Banff

Her goal next time is to be able to walk around Stanley Park

Old Sep 3rd 2019, 5:41 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Congratulations on the 5 years! The first few years as an immigrant in Canada, while they can be exciting, are the most challenging in my opinion. Sounds like things are going well for you though which is great.

In regards to an Indian Curry, I recommend checking out Tasty Indian Bistro - there's one on the Delta/Surrey border on Scott Road, and another downtown Vancouver. Their food is excellent.
Thank you and thank you for recommendations for a good curry. I’ve heard Surrey is meant to be good for them