40 Years

Old May 4th 2021, 4:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 40 Years

Originally Posted by dogstar
I'll raise a glass for you to mark the occasion! I hope I too one day will attain domestic stability:-)
I hope you do. I didn't mean to suggest that I have, just that the lack of it has been a major determinant of my circumstances now.
Old May 9th 2021, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

dogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond reputedogstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I hope you do. I didn't mean to suggest that I have, just that the lack of it has been a major determinant of my circumstances now.
We all live and learn (I hope!) and thank you for all the insight you have shared with me thus far. I hope this month is very productive for my family and I as we ramp up our efforts to move across so we may too one day mark a Canniversary
Old May 11th 2021, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Stewie73 is an unknown quantity at this point

dbd33 Confrats on your 40th, and confrats on lasting 4 wives too
Old May 11th 2021, 10:18 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stewie73
dbd33 Confrats on your 40th, and confrats on lasting 4 wives too
Thank you. I can hear my daughter's voice now "you always say four but I met Karen, I remember Karen, you should count Karen". Karen was a mistake.
Old May 11th 2021, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Stewie73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. I can hear my daughter's voice now "you always say four but I met Karen, I remember Karen, you should count Karen". Karen was a mistake.
hehehe mistakes never happen, its experience

autocorrect and being blind meant confrats rather rather congrats
Old May 11th 2021, 11:09 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Stewie73

autocorrect and being blind meant confrats rather rather congrats
I took it as brotherly congratulations from someone else with an untidy life.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 12:57 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I can't match 40 but I'm coming up for 21, unless you subtract the two years I've been AWOL.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 1:39 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Souvy
I can't match 40 but I'm coming up for 21, unless you subtract the two years I've been AWOL.
Parole is it now?
Old Jul 15th 2021, 1:44 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Parole is it now?
Nah. Just some changes in life. Notably relocating. Didn't really have time to fritter.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 1:45 am
Assimilated Pauper

Nah. Just some changes in life. Notably relocating. Didn't really have time to fritter.
Where have you moved to? Is the Corvette still part of the household?
Old Jul 15th 2021, 2:06 am
Slob

Where have you moved to? Is the Corvette still part of the household?
We're in a village, about halfway between Quebec and Trois Rivieres. And the Vette is the gift that keeps taking.

I'd be the most exotic thing in this village if it wasn't for the bloke down the road from me who's from Cameroon. He certainly sticks out a bit.

We moved here because Souvette retired and wanted to be close to her brother and our son. It makes no odds to me where I am (the lockdown had zero impact on me). We made a good profit on our house in Gatineau and bought this place for cash (cheap because it was a reposession and needed lots of work). We've spent the last two years renovating, all paid for from the profit. It's our dream house. It's a maison quebecoise, if you know the style. I have a huge workshop in the basement, which is my heaven, and Dracula loves our big enclosed yard.

I always thought I was a city boy. I was wrong.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 2:23 am
Assimilated Pauper

We're in a village, about halfway between Quebec and Trois Rivieres. And the Vette is the gift that keeps taking.

I'd be the most exotic thing in this village if it wasn't for the bloke down the road from me who's from Cameroon. He certainly sticks out a bit.

We moved here because Souvette retired and wanted to be close to her brother and our son. It makes no odds to me where I am (the lockdown had zero impact on me). We made a good profit on our house in Gatineau and bought this place for cash (cheap because it was a reposession and needed lots of work). We've spent the last two years renovating, all paid for from the profit. It's our dream house. It's a maison quebecoise, if you know the style. I have a huge workshop in the basement, which is my heaven, and Dracula loves our big enclosed yard.

I always thought I was a city boy. I was wrong.
Good for you!

I know and love the style. That seems like a time efficient renovation, I continued posting so it's taken eight years to get this place in order. This was a foreclosure bought from the bank. The previous occupants had taken every second stud from the basement walls, presumably for firewood. A lot of work had to be done.

Old Jul 15th 2021, 11:02 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Late to this one too... 40 years in Canada eh? Congratulations, I think...! (I reckon you love it here!)

And congrats too to Souvy on your recent move. We've just done the opposite, sold up in the country and moved right into the city.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 11:19 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I reckon you love it here!
It doesn't matter if I do or I don't, no one is going to pay me enough anywhere else to keep up with the alimony so the best must be made of it.
Old Jul 16th 2021, 1:07 am
Slob

Good for you!

I know and love the style. That seems like a time efficient renovation, I continued posting so it's taken eight years to get this place in order. This was a foreclosure bought from the bank. The previous occupants had taken every second stud from the basement walls, presumably for firewood. A lot of work had to be done.
We bought this place without visiting it. We were up against a midnight deadline for making an offer. We got my BIL and our son to visit. BIL built his own house and son is an electrician, so we were in good hands. They said it needed a lot of work but to go for it. So we offered full price, cash, and the bank went for it.

Souvette moved in as soon as we closed and I went back to Gatineau to sell our place there. A lot got done in the two months before I came up. All the big stuff has been done. New roof (about 45k), all new windows (ditto), complete kitchen gut (about 10k just on various slabs of stone). The only major thing remaining is the upstairs bathroom. That's stalled until son gets the time to put the floor heating in and we can tile and install (or rather a plumber mate of son installs).

We gave ourselves three years. We haven't hit two yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.