Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

4 years today - would we go back?

4 years today - would we go back?

Old Sep 10th 2009, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light
Default 4 years today - would we go back?

Well we have made it............4 years and to be honest, its been the best but also the hardest 4 years of all our lives.

Would we go back? NO.

The one thing that both OH and I have realised is that this little part of the world is really our home. Our girls have now spent more time being educated in Canada than England and they are true Canadians.

We love the different things we do with our "free time" and that we experience a new way of life.

So I am happy to toast myself and say congratulations! Its not an easy move, crap is thrown at you, but we have carried on and will look forward to becoming Canadians!

Bombards
Old Sep 10th 2009, 2:38 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 years today - would we go back?

Congratulations
Old Sep 10th 2009, 2:41 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Congratulations
what he ^^^^^ said
Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

PrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bombards
Well we have made it............4 years and to be honest, its been the best but also the hardest 4 years of all our lives.

Would we go back? NO.
I hit my 8th anniversary last week.

Got exactly the same sentiments - it's been fun, it's been tough, sometimes it's just been plain weird and most of the challenges were unexpected. Even with all that, I would have still come to Canada ... although I would stay in the GTA longer before moving west if I had the opportunity for a mulligan.

Congratulations!!
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats - glad you have found happiness
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:31 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, your just up the road from us....
Old Sep 10th 2009, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Hi, We were in Newmarket for the New Year, staying with friends. We loved it and are planning to make the move in a couple of year's time when we've (hopefully) received our PR status. It's great to hear that you've enjoyed your time and would do it all over again!!
Old Sep 11th 2009, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Would we go back? NO.

The one thing that both OH and I have realised is that this little part of the world is really our home. Our girls have now spent more time being educated in Canada than England and they are true Canadians.

We love the different things we do with our "free time" and that we experience a new way of life.

So I am happy to toast myself and say congratulations! Its not an easy move, crap is thrown at you, but we have carried on and will look forward to becoming Canadians!

Bombards
Congratulations, good to hear all is going well for you
Old Sep 12th 2009, 1:51 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds as though you are enjoying being Canadian!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 6:12 am
Just Joined

scan is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations & well done!

We’re just up the road from you in Holland Landing and having a great time so far!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Poole Clan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by scan

We’re just up the road from you in Holland Landing and having a great time so far!
Congratulations on the 4 years - we have only been here for 10 months and are finding it quite hard - more homesick than we thought and have struggled to make friends but glad to here that you have managed it so gives hope to the rest of us - we're not far from you just down the road in Oak Ridges so go to Newmarket lots.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Poole Clan
Congratulations on the 4 years - we have only been here for 10 months and are finding it quite hard - more homesick than we thought and have struggled to make friends but glad to here that you have managed it so gives hope to the rest of us - we're not far from you just down the road in Oak Ridges so go to Newmarket lots.
We should get together for coffee/beer/whatever as we are all just around the corner from each other -( also my daughter just stared a new cheerleading team at Park Ave school in Holland Landing - there this Wed!)
Jen
Old Sep 14th 2009, 7:51 pm
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:04 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poole Clan
We're not far from you just down the road in Oak Ridges so go to Newmarket lots.
We should get together for coffee/beer/whatever as we are all just around the corner from each other -( also my daughter just stared a new cheerleading team at Park Ave school in Holland Landing - there this Wed!)
Jen

You could count me in as well, just down the road in Bolton....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.